VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Aug 5, 2016, 04:15 AM

I'd like the link's awakening music on it but I hope too much
Old Aug 5, 2016, 04:25 AM

That would be amazing! I'm also hoping for some Oracle of Ages and Seasons music, but not sure how likely that would be since Capcom helped with those.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 06:21 AM

2 Discs? Prepare for rehash and a cheap cash in.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 07:18 AM

I'm assuming this will be like the 30th anniversary Mario album released last year, so probably we will get a little bit from every main title (and, as with the Super Mario Maker bonus, maybe something from the upcoming Breath of the Wild??). The Capcom handhelds (Oracles, Four Swords & Minish Cap) are more unlikely to appear in my opinion but who knows.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 07:35 AM

another useless best of
I pass
Old Aug 5, 2016, 02:19 PM

This could be cool! Like RBMNG said, it's probably going to be a lot like the Mario 30th anniversary album that came out not too long ago. That one included tracks from SML1 & 2, so I'm hopefully this collection will have 1 or 2 tracks from each of the Game Boy LoZ titles.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBMNintendoGamer View Post
I'm assuming this will be like the 30th anniversary Mario album released last year, so probably we will get a little bit from every main title
Knowing Nintendo, yes, that seems to be their modus operandi. As much as I can bash Capcom for rerereleasing their soundtracks in expensive bundles, at least they, y'know... release them.

In fact, I think I'll go buy a couple more Mega Man Sound Boxes now.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 12:29 PM

Not that I was expecting much from this collection, but given that Spirit Tracks and Skyward Sword contain some of the best music in the series, it was still disappointing to see those two get a mere three tracks each, whereas a game like Four Swords Adventures got an inexplicable ten! (And nothing from The Minish Cap at all!)

Also, even though I understand that Ocarina of Time and A Link Between Worlds are beloved games with awesome soundtracks, it's still disappointing seeing games like those so disproportionately represented when they've already received full soundtrack releases.

Still, I'm very pleased to get such tracks as Tal Tal Heights, the Malladus final battle theme, Ballad of the Goddess (in-game version), and The Sky overworld theme.

Last edited by Rew; Sep 4, 2016 at 01:47 PM.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 01:50 PM

The info copied from Nintendo Everything was a bit of a mess, since they had merged for some reason Spirit Tracks into Phantom Hourglass among other things; I corrected that according to the Amazon page.

BTW, I'm really surprised to see Oracle tracks here, and even music from Navi Trackers!
Old Sep 11, 2016, 03:30 PM

It's also on CDJapan .. http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/COCX-39704

Can someone add this to the "Available at" section?
Old Sep 30, 2016, 02:30 PM

The only info I could really see, besides the tracks which we already know..
Old Sep 30, 2016, 02:34 PM

Composers or Arrangers would be nice.. preferrably composer breakdown, with the proper arrangers for each track, but that's probably asking a bit much
Old Sep 30, 2016, 10:40 PM

Got this today. I was able to listen to all 93 tracks and put in the running times for each track. It is interesting to note that all of the tracks for The Wind Waker are the original versions. The HD arrangements for the tracks Outset Island, Grandma, Helmaroc King, Molgera, and Puppet Ganon: Spider Mode are not included.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 10:45 PM

I would also like to note that in the included booklet that contains the track list information also names the composer or composers for each game. However, it does not give a breakdown of who composed which track with the Zelda games that have more than one composer.

Last edited by eddievg83; Sep 30, 2016 at 10:48 PM.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddievg83 View Post
I would also like to note that in the included booklet that contains the track list information also names the composer or composers for each game. However, it does not give a breakdown of who composed which track with the Zelda games that have more than one composer.
Can you put up scans or list the composers? I'm specially curious to see who they list of Oracle of Seasons/Ages and Navi Trackers.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBMNintendoGamer View Post
Can you put up scans or list the composers? I'm specially curious to see who they list of Oracle of Seasons/Ages and Navi Trackers.
Preferably in the notes section which composers belong to what set of tracks.. since its based on which game.. so tracks should be grouped together for each game.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 10:25 AM

Listed the composers on the notes section.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 10:44 AM

Thanks! So apparently the Oracles were 100% Minako Adachi all along, huh.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 10:56 AM

Your very welcome! I am glad I was able to help you guys out. Yeah the booklet only list Minako Adachi as the composer for Oracle of Seasons and Ages.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 07:53 AM

Confused at this part..

Link’s Awakening / Link's Awakening DX (18~20): Kazumi Totaka, Minako Hamano, and Kozue Ishikawa
(DX): Yuichi Ozaki
Ocarina of Time / Ocarina of Time 3D (21~35): Koji Kondo
(3D) : Mahito Yokota and Takeshi Hama
Majora’s Mask / Majora's Mask 3D (36~39) : Koji Kondo and Toru Minegishi
(3D) : Mahito Yokota and Naoto Kubo

Not sure exactly what the (DX), or (3D) lines mine, like the composers and what tracks they belong to. Meaning I don't know what tracks are DX or 3D..
Old Oct 2, 2016, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
Confused at this part..

Link’s Awakening / Link's Awakening DX (18~20): Kazumi Totaka, Minako Hamano, and Kozue Ishikawa
(DX): Yuichi Ozaki
Ocarina of Time / Ocarina of Time 3D (21~35): Koji Kondo
(3D) : Mahito Yokota and Takeshi Hama
Majora’s Mask / Majora's Mask 3D (36~39) : Koji Kondo and Toru Minegishi
(3D) : Mahito Yokota and Naoto Kubo

Not sure exactly what the (DX), or (3D) lines mine, like the composers and what tracks they belong to. Meaning I don't know what tracks are DX or 3D..
My guess would be that Yuichi Ozaki composed Link's Awakening DX, Mahito Yokota and Takeshi Hama composed Ocarina of Time 3D and Mahito Yokota and Naoto Kubo composed Majora's Mask 3D.

Color Dungeon is exclusive to Link's Awakening DX.
Staff Roll 2 (Orchestra) is from Ocarina of Time 3D and the other Staff Roll 2 is from Majora's Mask 3D.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 01:14 PM

Sorry for the confusion. DX means Link's Awakening DX and is composed by Yuichi Ozaki. The first 3D is for Ocarina of Time 3D and is composed by Mahito Yokota and Takeshi Hama. The second 3D is for Majora's Mask 3D is composed by Mahito Yokota and Naoto Kubo. Hope this clears up the confusion.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 01:41 PM

Most of the work Yokota and the others did in the 3DS remakes was actually adapting and replicating Kondo's score for the remakes, so they didn't really do much of actual composing (except for the new Staff Roll themes, but even those are arrangements of Kondo's work).

As for Yuichi Ozaki, everything he did was "Color Dungeon BGM, Camera Shop shutter sound, other minute sound adjustments" according to this questionnaire (in a nutshell, the few new sounds not present in the original Link's Awakening).
Old Oct 2, 2016, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sireef View Post
My guess would be that Yuichi Ozaki composed Link's Awakening DX, Mahito Yokota and Takeshi Hama composed Ocarina of Time 3D and Mahito Yokota and Naoto Kubo composed Majora's Mask 3D.

Color Dungeon is exclusive to Link's Awakening DX.
Staff Roll 2 (Orchestra) is from Ocarina of Time 3D and the other Staff Roll 2 is from Majora's Mask 3D.
Ok so Tracks 18 and 20 are "Kazumi Totaka, Minako Hamano, and Kozue Ishikawa" and Track 19 is solely Yuichi Ozaki? .. or would the other 3 be involved as well? Also for Tracks 21-35 .. Is that counting 2 games at once.. or are they separating the original N64 game from the 3DS game? Looking at the track names since the game is basically the same isn't making it easier to figure out what Composer belongs to what track if you get what I mean. Same goes for 36-39.. Majora's Mask.. is that 2 games on 1 track (well 4 tracks, but you get what i mean)

Last edited by Vegeta; Oct 2, 2016 at 09:31 PM.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 12:34 PM

Made some adjustments to the notes section regarding the composers and tracks. Please note that the booklet does not give a breakdown of who composed which track so, for example we know that only Mr. Naoto Kubo composed the Staff Roll 2 for Majora's Mask 3D, but the booklet credits both Mahito Yokota and Naoto Kubo as the composers for the game.

Last edited by eddievg83; Oct 4, 2016 at 10:52 PM.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddievg83 View Post
Made some adjustments to the notes section regarding the composers and tracks. Please note that the booklet does not give a breakdown of which composed which track so, for example we know that only Mr. Naoto Kubo composed the Staff Roll 2 for Majora's Mask 3D, but the booklet credits both Mahito Yokota and Naoto Kubo as the composers for the game.
Excellent, exactly what I was trying to figure out

Also why are the Composed by and Arranged by sections still blank, if anyone knows?

Last edited by Vegeta; Oct 4, 2016 at 06:45 PM.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 11:38 PM

So I just noticed.. the artist page for Yuichi Ozaki doesn't even exist.. :O
Old Oct 5, 2016, 12:12 AM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
So I just noticed.. the artist page for Yuichi Ozaki doesn't even exist.. :O
There's never been an album before this where he's been credited in any way so that's why there's not been a page created - no doubt that will change shortly. A quick search shows that this is actually the only album on the database where his name is even mentioned.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 08:54 AM

Since the booklet lists all the composers who worked on the games, and not the specific composers who did the songs in the album, I don't think we should link all of them in this album, but only the ones we can figure out to have actually worked on the songs (for example, none of Toru Minegishi's Majora's Mask tracks is in this album, but he is credited nevertheless for that game).
Old Oct 6, 2016, 07:47 AM

Just a random question: Kazumi Totaka's role on Link's Awakening was synth programming and sound effects, and the main composer was Minako Hamano, correct? Which makes "Tal Tal Mountain" likely her track. Any confirmations?