VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Nov 27, 2009, 02:02 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Given the rest of the releases, and after looking at the spine, I think that the official catalog number for the album is just CVST-0004, while the disc catalog numbers are CVST-0004-01 and CVST-0004-02.
Old Nov 27, 2009, 05:07 PM

Thanks for correction. I thought it'd be consistent with the recent edit of Mushihimesama Double Arrange Album, but that might also be just CVAS-003 (I'll check my copy tonight).

Edit:It appears a one disc original soundtrack will be attached with an Espgaluda II Xbox360 port. If the actual content is the same as CVST-0004-01, does it still warrant a separate entry? Or should we just mention it in the note field of this entry?

Another Edit: 4 Gamer says it's two CDs... Very confusing.

Last edited by Cedille; Dec 2, 2009 at 02:59 AM.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 10:25 AM

It is most likely a reprint of the original, including the Cave sound team arrangements.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
It is most likely a reprint of the original, including the Cave sound team arrangements.
For some reason, even though it's the cheap way, I doubt it a tad bit. It would break away with the current trend they're going for, and considering what they've done with Mushihime just about now, a double album featuring new arrangements of both Galudas I and II wouldn't be farfetched at all.
It would certainly be more of a sales hook than just reprinting an "out of print" OST that japanese people (which despite recent outcomes, is still CAVE's main market) can still buy at the Matsuris.
I certainly hope what I say it's true, since the ESPGaluda II arrangements were a tad bit of a letdown, IMO. :\

Somewhat related: I'm happy they've finally confirmed the 360 port. Just like mushifutari it includes an HD mode, a new character (ESPGaluda I's Seseri, with a somewhat nice redesign) and a Black Label mode (!?). I'm really curious about that one, I don't recall being any Matsuri special version of Galuda II like the 1.01 Mushifutari one.
Now hoping for another epic announcemnt of region free, haha.
(EDIT seems like the port announcement is quite old... go me...)

MAH BOI, this peace is what all true warriors strive for!!

Last edited by Kewing; Dec 1, 2009 at 12:40 PM.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 01:09 PM

I was just basing my reasoning on Cedille's comments in the Mushihimesama Double Arrange Album thread that the port of ESPGaluda II wouldn't contain a new arrange album. Only time will tell, I guess.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 01:41 PM

Quote:
As the music in Black Label version (360 version) is actually replaced and the producer says the soundtrack is original (原曲), it's possible the second disc is an original soundtrack of Black Label version. If it turns out true, it's nice to see it gets 'released' unlike the rearranged soundtrack of DoDonPachi Dai-Oujou 360 port by Namiki and Basiscape, although I'm not sure if I buy it.

By the way, I didn't fully read the liner note of Mushihimesama Double Arrange Album. Asada explicitly said they wouldn't release an all-star arranged album for some time.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 02:29 PM

It's ok Don, I was kind of thinking out loud what I thought they'd might do given the recent track record.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedille View Post
As the music in Black Label version (360 version) is actually replaced and the producer says the soundtrack is original (原曲), it's possible the second disc is an original soundtrack of Black Label version. If it turns out true, it's nice to see it gets 'released' unlike the rearranged soundtrack of DoDonPachi Dai-Oujou 360 port by Namiki and Basiscape, although I'm not sure if I buy it.

By the way, I didn't fully read the liner note of Mushihimesama Double Arrange Album. Asada explicitly said they wouldn't release an all-star arranged album for some time.
Ok, that crushes my theory. Then I guess it's most surely the reprint+360 version combo, like you suggested.

Old Dec 2, 2009, 02:50 AM

As initially announced by Cave, it's just one disc and contains the original music but the character voice tracks are replaced by two bonus tracks from the Black Label mode. I don't know why Dengeki or 4gamer says it has two discs, though...
Old Dec 2, 2009, 04:18 AM

Quote:
As initially announced by Cave, it's just one disc and contains the original music but the character voice tracks are replaced by two bonus tracks from the Black Label mode. I don't know why Dengeki or 4gamer says it has two discs, though...
That's definitely too bad, I was expecting a little more. But maybe it's not surprising if what is being told at Silliconera is true (http://www.siliconera.com/2009/12/01...-for-february/) : According to it, actually both editions will include the bonus soundtrack (tho it does state it is in fact 2 discs, so we can't assume that as totally true yet), and that the exclusive bonus to the limited edition is a custom Seseri faceplate for the 360.

...Confusing. I'm definitely not as sold on the LE as before if this turns out to be true, tho.

Last edited by Kewing; Dec 2, 2009 at 04:37 AM.
Old Dec 2, 2009, 04:38 AM

I don't doubt that the soundtrack will be bundled with both editions because this is what Cave and news sites are uniformly saying. It's about the number of discs where they don't harmonize. Either way, as it's not a child album of this album, I have submitted a new entry.
Old Dec 2, 2009, 04:49 AM

Quote:
I don't doubt that the soundtrack will be bundled with both editions because this is what Cave and news sites are uniformly saying. It's about the number of discs where they don't harmonize.
Yeah, I was referring to that exact bit (maybe I didn't write properly).
Anyway, let's hope it turns out for the better.

Old Dec 27, 2009, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Whoa, Asada recanted this statement in a brief period of one or two months... According to his blog, Cave is going to release a 2 CD Guwange album at the next online Cave Maturi... and one disc contains the original soundtrack and the other is another arranged album with many newcomer arrangers...
Old Dec 28, 2009, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Whoa, Asada recanted this statement in a brief period of one or two months... According to his blog, Cave is going to release a 2 CD Guwange album at the next online Cave Maturi... and one disc contains the original soundtrack and the other is another arranged album with many newcomer arrangers...
Very nice. Only a matter of time before they reveal the arrangers. I'm rather looking forward to it.

Last edited by Don; Dec 28, 2009 at 12:07 AM.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 01:53 AM

Wow... Talk about unexpected. Cave is sure determined to suck every single penny out of us hahaha. Can't complain, tho, as I'm already sold.
Still, I find it a liiitle bit odd to release a full on ost+arrangement album of a game where half of music are 15sec-per-loop songs, and it had already been released.

Long story short: can't wait for it.

Old Jan 5, 2010, 04:01 PM

that's 30 seconds, and it's not entirely fair to say that
Old Jan 5, 2010, 05:41 PM

I don't think it's unfair; as much as a I love the Guwange soundtrack, it's an undeniable fact that it's really short. It just strikes me as odd that they're going with a double CD release, when they can probably fit them all in 1 disc.
But it's just an opinion, maybe they'll surprise us with some great unexpected arrangements.

Old Jan 11, 2010, 10:07 AM

you are perfectly right about Guwange for the most part, and Ra.De. is the exact opposite (ex: RAGING DECIDE is probably the longest boss theme in CAVE history, technically speaking); come to think of it, Kusunoki composed two of those short tunes for the particular sections they're required in, in both games

"they can probably fit them all in 1 disc": why do I get the feeling there's going to be multiple composers interpreting certain songs, and why do I get the feeling there might be some completely new music composed for this port
--------
a while back I tried deducing who composed what based on their other immediate works, I had at least half of them; I believe I based part of it on the order that the composers were given in the credits, so it's probably crazy to even comprehend

I can't remember most of them anymore, but it's kinda obvious that Kizakura at least did Hatred and Kujaku

edit: I meant the ESPGALUDA II arrange disc

Last edited by lgb; Jan 13, 2010 at 10:26 AM.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgb View Post

I can't remember most of them anymore, but it's kinda obvious that Kizakura at least did Hatred and Kujaku
ESPGaluda II was entirely composed by Manabu Namiki, except for the Stage 4 theme, which was done by Kaneda. Kizakura, and the other members of the CAVE soundteam, were only responsible for arrangements featured on the second disc, but I don't believe they were ever used in-game. My apologies, if this is indeed the disc you were talking about.

Last edited by Don; Jan 11, 2010 at 01:41 PM.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgb View Post
"they can probably fit them all in 1 disc": why do I get the feeling there's going to be multiple composers interpreting certain songs, and why do I get the feeling there might be some completely new music composed for this port
It seems like actually it will be like all other CAVe arrange albums, but I admit that I thought your idea could have been a possibility too.
As for composing new music for the port... I highly doubt it, because of Guwange being released on XBLA. It's obvious they aren't going full force on this release, and extra content, like arrange modes and the like will be kept at a minimum, most surely. *Maybe*, we'll get the same sort of deal as in Futari/GALUDA II, and they'll get Basiscape to do a remix for the menu screen or something like in Futari, and include it in the OST disc of the Guwange album just like the new GALUDA II re-release.

Old Jan 13, 2010, 10:27 AM

RAGING DECIDE cont.: actually I take that back; Makai Teiou somewhat beats it if you really want to consider that (pssh I sure as hell don't), NO REMORSE is a good bit longer, then Kujaku right here beats it a bit. so sorry, too much Kizakura!

it really is ONE of the longest though, especially considering it's a standard boss theme (though also a final boss theme so whaddya-do, right?). it beats a lot of other Namiki tunes regardless; of DOJ/KJT/DFK only NO REMORSE actually does beat about 1:30 before a loop

of course Guwange tries to go the Night Raid route lol
--------
Quote:
ESPGaluda II was entirely composed by Manabu Namiki, except for the Stage 4 theme, which was done by Kaneda. Kizakura, and the other members of the CAVE soundteam, were only responsible for arrangements featured on the second disc, but I don't believe they were ever used in-game. My apologies, if this is indeed the disc you were talking about.
yeah that's what I meant, sorry

Quote:
and they'll get Basiscape to do a remix for the menu screen or something like in Futari, and include it in the OST disc of the Guwange album just like the new GALUDA II re-release.
oh yeah, this was kinda what I was going for. but I don't find it illogical that CAVE would track down Kusunoki and have him compose a new stage song or two. well, ESP Ra.De. doesn't really need one but I think Guwange would benefit.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 03:09 PM

It's not illogical, yep, but a bit unlikely since he has since vanished off the face of the earth. Would be awesome if CAVE brought him back, I'm the first one I'd like that to be so. His music had a quite unique style which IMO made both Guwange and ESP Ra.De. stand out from the rest of CAVE games a tad bit.

As for boss themes, I agree, NO REMORSE and Kujaku are some of the longest ones so far.

Old May 23, 2010, 01:25 PM

So I keep coming back here, and every time I wonder where the composer-specific credits for disc 1 come from, and also Don being able to say:

Quote:
ESPGaluda II was entirely composed by Manabu Namiki, except for the Stage 4 theme, which was done by Kaneda. Kizakura, and the other members of the CAVE soundteam, were only responsible for arrangements featured on the second disc, but I don't believe they were ever used in-game.
I'm guessing it's from the official page we have linked in this entry, but every time I go there I get a white page. Maybe it displayed something back when we linked it, but I can't check it now. And there's no mention of this information anywhere in the booklet as far as I can tell.
Old May 23, 2010, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medina View Post
And there's no mention of this information anywhere in the booklet as far as I can tell.
Kaneda states the stage 4 theme is by him.

Cave has traditionally given no composer breakdown in their soundtracks until DDP DFK BL, but the composers from Basiscape always talked about their responsibilities in the liner notes section, and most track-by-track credits in other Cave entries also came from such.
Old May 23, 2010, 10:39 PM

Ah, okay, I'd like to say I really read the liner notes but I didn't look at them hard enough I guess. I feel like a lot of times they don't reveal anything much about track credits. Thanks for pointing that out, I see Kaneda's kanji next to the nice large "Stage4" there, shouldn't have missed it.
Old May 27, 2011, 09:41 PM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

As done with the Black Label album, I'm linking N.T as a featured composer, since many of the melodies from the original ESPGALUDA reappear here.
Old Sep 9, 2023, 04:35 AM

"08 Hatred - I've Waited a Long Time for This Moment (Stage5)"
is indeed a medley of N.T.'s Espgaluda cues