VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > VGMdb Site Related > Questions and Comments
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Aug 1, 2012, 10:24 AM

Smile Submission (Artists) Assistance

And by assistance, I mean for VGMDB.net, not so much as for me.

I've noticed there's a couple of [indie] game composers and classical musicians that are not on the database and was wondering if there are certain restrictions/additional info to adding these artists that I should know about, both living and dead (classical).

My last submission was Carl Orff, and if this is what you want for deceased [classical] composers, I'll keep it up. Just wanted to hear what you guys have to say before I go on a artist/album submission streak.

I'd like to help out here on a regular basis and in a fashion that nails the submission on the first shot, making these much more easier for the staff on site. Thanks for hearing me out and advice you have for me...

Best,
Roo
Old Aug 1, 2012, 01:10 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Hey, Roo

If you want to help out with some of the artists, I think that would be of great benefit to all of us. There aren't any restrictions on who can submit the information, though only certain people can generate the links in the discography. Here are some guidelines off the top of my head:
  • Usually I only add an artist if they appear in the credits of more than one album in the database, though there are exceptions sometimes.
  • For Japanese artists, it is important to verify the kanji reading.
  • Links to the artists' homepage, wikipage, etc. are always welcome.
  • Make sure to provide a reference link for any portrait you upload.

That's all I can think of for now. If you have any questions about more complicated aspects (for example, aliases), then be sure to ask them here in the forum.