VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jan 7, 2021, 09:53 AM

Okay, so I have somewhat of a weird history with this OST. I bought the CD OST blind a few years ago, and while I did find some songs I enjoyed greatly, there was a ton of material that kind of had a "I need to hear this in context" vibe to them.

Anyway, I recently did watch some playthroughs of the game and yes, that did help, but it didn't really grow my favorites list any larger. I guess what I want to point out here is I was thinking of buying the five vinyl version, but I opted to buy this two disc version instead. I mean money wise the five disc version is the better deal if you buy new from the official site, but all the tracks I love made the cut on this two disc version. Has anyone else opted for the "less is more" route with this one?

And yeah, I have to admit I was kind of surprised at the context of some of my favorite tracks. Did not expect "Another Medium" to be used how it was in the game. I also didn't think "Spider Dance" would be a battle theme.
Old Jan 7, 2021, 12:16 PM
Trusted Editor

Unless you really feel a need for the full 5LP set, then the track selection for the 2LP is very good.

Some things to note - the original 2016 pressing has an error where the first note of the song "Snowy" is just straight up missing. It's a small thing, but pretty obvious if you're well familiar with the track.

This was fixed in the 2018 Japan Edition and also in the 2LP repress from this year. If you're buying this new, then there's most likely nothing to worry about, though, as the original pressing is long sold out.
Old Jan 7, 2021, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpbtz View Post
Some things to note - the original 2016 pressing has an error where the first note of the song "Snowy" is just straight up missing. It's a small thing, but pretty obvious if you're well familiar with the track.

This was fixed in the 2018 Japan Edition and also in the 2LP repress from this year. If you're buying this new, then there's most likely nothing to worry about, though, as the original pressing is long sold out.
I don't mind "Snowy" but it's not one of my favorites. Still, thanks for letting me know. I believe I did get one of the reprints.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 07:57 PM

This somewhat odd, but I can't help but feel the first LP (side a and b) comes off extremely well. When I get to the second LP, I don't know, the experience kind of falls apart for me for some reason. I'm not sure if it has to with many of the tracks on the second disc being longer. Maybe if I finish watching the Pacifist run it'll make more sense.