VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > VGMdb Site Related > Questions and Comments
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Apr 9, 2011, 11:28 PM
Trusted Editor

Default Ghibli single linking/unlinking

I have a list of singles that need to be unlinked/linked to parents, I'll detail everything in this thread instead of creating 4 different threads on the albums to avoid any ... extra ... confusion. (Can I get out of the casette/vinyl era already!? this is really annoying to track down information!)

Things in quotes are my descriptions of the items, not really accurate product names or anything.

----

Tonari no Totoro / Azumi Inoue SINGLE 1 (This is the original release, "karaoke-less" versions. Child is a 7" (1 song on each side), 2 songs total)

Parent: 10ATC-163 http://vgmdb.net/album/25275
Child: 7AGS-14

----

Tonari no Totoro / Azumi Inoue SINGLE 2 (Reprints, "karaoke+plus" versions. Same as SINGLE 1 + karaoke versions of the songs, 4 songs total)

Parent: TKDA-71926
Child: TKCA-72756

----

Tonari no Totoro / Azumi Inoue SINGLE 3 (Separate single printing that has 2 different songs, unrelated to both SINGLE 1 and SINGLE 2, 4 songs total)

Parent: 15ATC-170
Child: None (That I know of...)

----

Tonari no Totoro / Azumi Inoue SINGLE ... 0? I think this is Tonari no Totoro single and Kimi wo Nosete single on one cd, weird.

Parent: 7AGS-12 (7", 2 songs, one per side). I'm not actually sure if there is a corresponding CD version to this but I can't find anything as of yet.

----

All the info comes from the My Neighbor Totoro Music jp wiki:

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%81%...5%BD%E6%9B%B2)

Go nuts with the linking/unlinking! Sorry for the confusion, let me know if you have questions.

Last edited by dancey; Apr 9, 2011 at 11:30 PM.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 04:40 AM
VGMdb Administrator

According to Nausicaa.net, 10ATC-163 should be the parent of TKDA-71926 and TKCA-72756, which would mean that it's not the karaoke-less version. I would generally trust the Japanese wikipedia more, but I think we need a 3rd source to confirm things.

I highly recommend tracking down an auction on YJA for these albums, so that you can see the front and back image, and verify the tracklist with its corresponding catalog number.

EDIT -- Ok, I think I've got the tracklists and linking correct based on what's out there.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 07:33 AM
Trusted Editor

nausicaa.net is (sadly) incorrect in many areas including tracklists, artist names, catalogue number. And disc prices, but I'm less concerned about the accuracy of disc prices since those seem to be wrong pretty much everywhere. The only source I trust for disc prices is a high quality scan, usually auctions aren't high enough to verify. nausicaa.net also doesn't abide by the "different # of tracks is not a reprint" ideology.

Anyway, the ghibli wiki was just the most reliable high ranking site for the information, I had verified it elsewhere. 10ATC-163 actually has an entry on CDJapan listing only two tracks.

IT looks like you found all the information you needed to link/delink them so I won't post any more links but if you need me to find more, let me know. It was 3:30 am when I posted
Old Apr 10, 2011, 08:03 AM

As far as the prices are concerned, I'd be not surprised if anybody isn't wrong. There are several factors that makes it hard to determine what's the right price.

For instance, we currently set the price of 10ATC-163 to 910 yen, but our scan actually says the tax-in price is 937 yen. The guideline message suggests going with the tax-included price, but it's obvious this CD was initially sold at 910 yen, since Japan started charging the consumption tax in 1989, about one year after this release. Some might even think it has to be 956 yen based on the current tax rate (910x1.05), for that matter (the net price of 7AGS-14 could be 910 yen).
Old Jul 13, 2023, 01:35 AM

Only Azumi Inoue is credited for tracks 2 and 4, but the Suginami Children's Choir is performing, right? Should they be listed as uncredited?