VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jan 29, 2017, 06:09 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Fun fact,

If you get this soundtrack, you will be getting it as a 160kbps stereo (80k left, 80k right), compressed mp3.

I asked around to be sure, but all forms listed in the notes area here, it's the same everywhere.

If they put the soundtrack on bandcamp, people could purchase wav or flac, or the "common" 320k.

The intentional "screw you, compressed mp3s are super cool" attitude ultimately drops my opinion of this album down from whatever it had been to a solid two stars.

Should devs ever care to fix their error, I *may* revisit it. But geeze guys, don't tease me with your "free" soundtrack then compress it so hard that my own ears (which usually aren't good at detecting strong compression) almost immediately noticed something wrong.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 05:29 AM

So the soundtrack is bullshit just like the game. Noted.