VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Feb 5, 2010, 05:14 PM

NSCX just opened preorders for the game a couple of hours ago. Those interested, get your orders in before it's too late!; looking at Galuda II, I'm sure it will be soon sold out (though I'm surprised it's not sold out, already).
Oh, and apparently, according a CAVE blog post pointed out by folks at cave-stg.com, the game is still TBA (despite the dates on NCSX and amazon.co.jp). We'll probably have to change it once it clears out.

Last edited by Kewing; Feb 5, 2010 at 06:39 PM.
Old Apr 18, 2010, 07:05 AM

A new video of gameplay footage has been posted by 5pb where you can sample a tad bit of the arranged music for the EXTRA mode. And it sounds stunning, those versions of Lur in the darkness and No remorse sound real badass. I definitely can't wait to get my hands on it soon (too bad I won't be able to play the game for quite a while hahah)

MAH BOI, this peace is what all true warriors strive for!!
Old Apr 20, 2010, 07:12 AM

I'm quite excited for this one myself. Playasia shipped it today so hopefully I'll have it within the next week or so.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 12:53 PM

In asking Namiki if Basiscape was responsible for the arrangements for this, I got:

@DonKotowski Now we can say "yes" for DDP Dai-Ou-Jou Black Label EXTRA. About Ketsui... stay tuned until tomorrow's release day

That makes me think there might be some other composers involved, similar to ESPGaluda II Black Label...
Old Apr 20, 2010, 02:15 PM

Interesting, thanks for sharing.

That quite implies the fact it's done by someone external by basiscape, but I dunno.... I get the feeling it may have been handled not by basiscape as a whole but a member as a solo work. It could have been done by Yoshimi Kudo or Noriyuki Kamikura; all of the tracks are heavily rock based and they resemble if just a little bit other previous works of theirs on basiscape. But I'm sure there's other rock oriented artists I'm forgetting right now who meet the criteria ... We'll have to wait to see (and hoping there's complete credits on the album!)

Last edited by Kewing; May 5, 2010 at 06:57 AM.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 04:30 PM

Oh, Kewing, in case you haven't heard these from ages ago (Gamerip of DDPDOJ EXTRA)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AySmdGjy92g (stage 4)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyVvqBl9aSA (stage 5)

Gonna be awesome
Old Apr 21, 2010, 03:00 PM

Yep, I actually have a rip since months ago (haven't listened to it much, to not to completely spoil it).
And yeah, that guitar on stage5 from 1:00 and onwards is the definition of epic.

Old Apr 21, 2010, 11:33 PM

Tracklist updated from 5pb's official website for the game.

Old Apr 22, 2010, 01:22 PM

Got this in the mail today. The CDs are housed in a holographic DVD case. Sadly, no booklet comes with it and no arranger information :/. I've asked Namiki via Twitter if he can tell me, so I'll keep you updated.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 03:45 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

What is the official romanization for the series?
Since i saw different spellings..

Kizuna Jigoku Tachi ? (wiki & gamefaqs)
Kizuna Jigokutachi ?
Kizunajigokutachi ?
Old Apr 23, 2010, 04:29 AM

The new "EVAC INDUSTRY" is pretty good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrkul View Post
Kizunajigokutachi ?
This is printed on at least two scans, so I'd go with this. I think some Cave games are tricky as they often have pretty popular fan capitalizations (e.g. ESPGaluda).
Old Apr 25, 2010, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedille View Post
The new "EVAC INDUSTRY" is pretty good.

This is printed on at least two scans, so I'd go with this. I think some Cave games are tricky as they often have pretty popular fan capitalizations (e.g. ESPGaluda).
Indeed kizunajigokutachi is used several times on different albums.
As for Espgaluda, I think we should go with ESPGALUDA as it is printed on a few places in all of the Espgaluda OSTs. ESPGaluda is inherited from the fact that it's a spiritual sequel/prequel to ESP Ra.De.; since CAVE didn't seem to refer to it in English at all early on when the game was coming out, it became widely adopted. But, while ESP Ra.De. had a clear distinct capitalization on the game's logo, Espgaluda doesn't, so, considering those scans, I think there's enough indications it should be treated as all caps.

EDIT: What the hell was I thinking? Disregard what I said about ESP Ra.De. That also seems to be unofficial, being ESP RA.DE. (and in very few scans ESPRADE) instead. Sorry for that mix-up.

Last edited by Kewing; Apr 25, 2010 at 01:01 PM.
Old May 6, 2010, 03:10 PM

Any luck with Namiki, Don? I'm quite curious about the arrangers.

I must say I'm loving every bit of this album, even more than I expected. The Ketsui sound track has a more straightforward overall, but it's so well done it elevates the original to a superior level, with an edgier touch and a much tighter as well as varied sound, while having a focused heavy metal base throughout.
DDP DOJ is the more creative of the two, and although I don't like some of the arrangements (stage 2 and 3, specially 2), I think the rest actually makes up for it: some arrangements need some getting used to (like boss hibachi) while others get you hooked up right from the start (stage 4 and 5 just blow my mind)

I'm not entirely sure about Ketsui, but DOJ was done by Basiscape almost 100% sure; stage select and stage1 were surely done by Namiki, maybe Hibachi as well, as it is similar to the Hibachi theme on DFK Black Label; stage 4 and 5 could very well be by either Kudo or Kamikura, and the ending themes by Chiba.
Definitely worth every penny.

Old May 6, 2010, 05:36 PM

No luck. He says that it will be announced by the appropriate channels eventually. I'm still working another angle, so hope to find out soon. As for your guesses on DOJ, Hibachi was probably Kudo (if by Hibachi on DDPDFKBL you mean Mercilessness), I agree with Ending Theme, Stage 4 and 5 guesses. As for Boss, I definitely think either Kamikura or Kudo as well. Not so sure about the others. I'll have to give it more time.

Are there any videos of the credits for either Black Label Dai Ou Jou or Black Label Ketsui on Nico Nico? THat might be the quickest way. I bet both menu themes are by Ryu Takami though. He's done the menu themes for the 360 versions of Deathsmiles and ESPGaluda II so it's most likely him reprising his role in that regard.
Old May 6, 2010, 11:22 PM

Oops, that's too bad. Yeah looking at the credits on the game could reveal something, but, judging by what Namiki says, I'm not really confident they will be shown there. But who knows, but I've yet to find any full runs of any of both games. Indeed, it may be a while before we find out, but at least it will be officially revealed sometime.

Yeah Boss definitely sounds like Kudo or Kamikura; I may go as far as say it's Kudo (listen to Endorphin on DFK BL, it feels kind of similar). I also agree on Ryu Takami, it's become like sort of a tradition, and both songs are kinda similar (unless they wanted to break that tradition just for kicks).
As for Hibachi, I actually meant Zatsuza; notice how it has a similar noisecore style, specially on the second half.

Man, No Remorse is materialized perfection; it sounds exactly as I had imagined how it would be if arranged (got to love those scratches in the middle, too).

Old May 6, 2010, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
I bet both menu themes are by Ryu Takami though.
Namiki on Twitter says the menu theme is by him.

5pb. tends to delete videos from Nico Nico quickly, but as far as I checked Peercast last month, the staff credit didn't list sound staffs. Strangely, the latest update of Basiscape official site still doesn't reveal who worked on Ketsui and DDPDOJ 360, either.
Old May 7, 2010, 12:39 AM

That was a bit unexpected, but it fits his usual style, so not really shocked about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedille View Post
as far as I checked Peercast last month, the staff credit didn't list sound staffs
... Go figure. I should keep my mouth shut.
Anyway, we can only trust on Namiki that it will be revealed at some time.

Old May 17, 2010, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kewing Darksun View Post
That was a bit unexpected, but it fits his usual style, so not really shocked about it.

... Go figure. I should keep my mouth shut.
Anyway, we can only trust on Namiki that it will be revealed at some time.
So, my second approach, through a friend of Namiki, asked him for me and he told her that he wasn't allowed to say. Oh well...I hope it is revealed in the future.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 08:09 AM

So... Is there any news about the arrangers here? It's been quite lot of time, already.

After having a very brief listen to Akai Katana, I wouldn't be surprised if it actually was Ryu Umemoto who arranged Ketsui. I didn't know he also could do that more metal rock sound as well.

Old Nov 6, 2010, 02:02 PM

Nope not yet. As for as I know, until 5pb (the publishers) announce something, whoever is responsible for the arrangements aren't allowed to discuss. Trust me! I tried many many times to find out.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 07:45 AM

I have no time to check it myself, but it appears the arranger breakdown for several tracks is revealed in a magazine interview or such (e.g. Chiba did the 5th stage theme and, as predicted, the ending theme on the DOJ side). Not sure why 5pb. forces them not to disclose even who were involved on Internet but on papers.
Old Dec 9, 2010, 08:31 AM

Someone should send an e-mail plea to 5pb. I think the Ketsui arrangements are bloody brilliant and I'd love to know who's in charge.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 06:02 PM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

The Ketsui arrangements are damn near perfection. No further explanation needed.

As for Dodonpachi, I'm undecided. Mixed Melody is incredible, and Grieving Womb is better than the original. On the other hand, this version of East Asia is weaksauce (I still think Iwata's version on SRIN-1012 is the best), and Strange Dance's melody gets chopped into oblivion. Then we have Colorful Rainbow which has... an entirely new melody*? This new melody is certainly welcome, but I still wanted to hear a faithful arrangement of Colorful Rainbow in the same style as the Ketsui tracks.

*I want to say it may be Kimihiro Abe's work, but it's a lot more fast pace.

Last edited by Kaleb.G; Jun 3, 2011 at 03:57 AM.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 06:24 AM

Did a complete credit list ever surface for these CDs?
Old Aug 10, 2011, 10:54 AM

Nope. None that I know of yet. Sadly, because 5pb has not released that information, Namiki and Kudo, both of whom I've asked, were unable to give me answers.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 05:58 PM

I am so, so, sorry.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 04:11 AM

Kamikura confirmed on this Soundtrack, it was obvious though.
Basiscape Composers Interview - Shooting Gameside #1
Old Jun 7, 2012, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritsukai View Post
Kamikura confirmed on this Soundtrack, it was obvious though.
Basiscape Composers Interview - Shooting Gameside #1
Yeah, kind of expected knowing Basiscape handled the DOJ Extra arrange, but it's still nice to see actual confirmation, even more when he says he arranged stage 4. I was between Kudo and him on that one, he definitely did an outstanding job.
Even more interesting is this, tho:

Quote:
—Of all the shooting game remixes you've done, what are the ones you like the most?

Kudo: Ketsui EXTRA (X360). These remixes were going to be used in the actual game, and the original compositions would loop twice in a single stage, so I rearranged the structure of the whole song to match the scrolling in the stage, and doubled the length, making it a sort of "plus alpha" version of the original. It was also the first time for me to experiment with many different musical ideas, like changing the different high speed blast beat rythms to scratch beats and break beats
I knew Kudo had to be involved there in some way. What he says actually has corresponding evidence on the music. For example that bit about the scratch beats and break beats. That's deinitely got to be NO REMORSE.
Considering that Ketsui Extra has a more coherent soundscape throughout all of the tracks than DOJ, it would be possible to think that Kudo did most, if not all, was done by primarly Kudo (with maybe some uncited help). Too bad this interview is probably going to be the most official confirmation we're ever gonna get :\

In anyway, thanks for bringing this up.

Old Sep 28, 2016, 07:12 AM

The SEMO Bryan review link seems to be dead.
Old Nov 19, 2020, 06:37 AM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

What's today statut on those credits, now?