VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Jun 8, 2010, 03:43 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Are the contents any different than the CD version that comes with the PS2? Also, are these DVD Audio tracks, or just mp3s in one the data tracks?
Old Jun 8, 2010, 04:29 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

I am pretty sure it's the same entry as this older one.

But it needs some clarifications:
- My older entry seems to be not entirely correct, so we need to swap the media to DVD because all the limited editions came with one "Bonus Disc" that is a DVD.

- Maybe we should change the display name to "Bonus Disc", but i have a preference to call them "soundtrack" and just gives a bit of explanations in the notes.

- Release dates are differents but they should be the same, gamefaqs have also another date "4th of december 2008".

So i think we should merge both entries and mention in the notes that it comes with the bonus Disc that is in fact a DVD that comes with all the Limited Editions. (catalog numbers might differs through platform though)

P.S. i do not have any idea about the format of the soundtrack itself (mp3s...etc..)

Last edited by Myrkul; Jun 8, 2010 at 04:31 AM.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 10:04 PM

I added the UK release date of the game as the release date for this release.

The DVD is different from the PS3 version, which apparently comes with a separate CD with the soundtrack.

This soundtrack here is bundled with the DVD making of extras as songs listed on a DVD sub menu -- the tracks are DVD audio, similar to http://vgmdb.net/album/6070

Last edited by Daedolon; Jun 8, 2010 at 10:08 PM.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 04:50 AM

Would an editor attach Troels B. Folmann to http://vgmdb.net/artist/5683
Old Dec 4, 2023, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedolon View Post
the tracks are DVD audio
All audio on DVD is in uncompressed wav format.
Quote:
Bit rate : 1 536 kb/s
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
Bit depth : 16 bits
Old Dec 10, 2023, 04:34 PM

I know this isn't the right place for this, but man, I was kind of hoping for some soundtrack action for the Tomb Raider remasters? A collector's edition? They don't even have physical copies on amazon yet, only play-asia?

Yeah, I get TR I & II have redbook, but I wanted something that would give some attention to Nathan McCree's music. Yes, own the suite on LP, it's nice, but would like the OG music. Maybe (and I know ppl will hate the suggestion) maybe Limited Run at some point?