VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sep 26, 2013, 07:32 AM

Release date

I'm not exactly sure what's going on the second track of the third disc. Either is a co-arrangement between the various individuals involved, or Gario is remixing the contributions to the album of the other arrangers featured in the track.

I also have qualms about the 13th track of the second disc. What's exactly the role of Gecko Yamori and José here? I added them as arrangers, but I'm not so sure. The guy on vocals doesn't sound like José, but his voice could have changed since Blood on the Asphalt.

The last track of the album is supposed to be a massive medley. +50 tracks featured in 9 minutes? Hell of a job then. I didn't have the gall to check it out, so that's why it's the only track not mentioned on the notes.

Last edited by Lashiec; Sep 26, 2013 at 07:37 AM.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 03:44 PM

Cool

Well, I can help answer what was going on with the second track of the third disc, if you'd like. The short answer, though, is that it's both

The final track, I felt, should really encompass the entire competition as a whole, so I mixed in various styles from previous tracks, as well as incorporating their sources into that song. I also wanted to include those that I competed against in that competition and create a kind of "mega-mix", with varying degrees of success.

I was the primary arranger, writing most of the music on it. I asked the other previous members of the competition that I competed with to contribute in one form or another (KingTiger on Rap and Lyrics, Syllix on Digeridoo, Brandon with some technical help), and Prophecy did some of the voice over work because I just so happen to have been chatting with him, at the time.

I would appreciate someone giving KingTiger the appropriate credit for the lyrics of that track, though - that was all him, I just did a little vocoded vocal work with them, is all.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 07:57 AM

Alright, so on that track you are the sole arranger (no vocals or live instrumentation?), and the other artists mostly have a performance credit. Also, I suppose the sources of the track continue to be Sky Sanctuary and Rusty Ruin?

I corrected the notes based on your information

Last edited by Lashiec; Nov 11, 2013 at 08:10 AM.