VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mar 30, 2008, 03:29 AM

Made a few updates to this album:

1. Adjusted title to reflect the one on the album cover better (KiRite instead of Kirite).

2. Replaced price with the tax included one.

3. Updated the classification to "original work".

4. Added performance info.

5. Added various info to the notes section. I added some captitalization in the credits. That isn't the way it's written in the booklet (all lower case), but I think it's better for the notes to be in correct English here. Credits were also updated with the corrections posted on Mitsuda's website: http://www.procyon-studio.com/support/book.html
Old May 12, 2010, 02:03 PM
VGMdb Advisor

A heads-up:

I think there's gonna be a guy doing a full scan of the booklet that tells the story of "kiRite" that came with the CD.

If there's any fluent Japanese folks that would be willing to do a "scan-lation" so that the world could have a full English version of the kiRite tale, that would be faaaantastic.
Old May 12, 2010, 02:08 PM
Trusted Editor

Really? I can't believe this though, since this would mean destroying the story booklet (I figure you would have to cut off the spine), POOR BOOKLET!!. I'm even afraid to fully open the pages since it looks kinda fragile to me.

Anyway, a english translation is very much appreciated. Masato Kato's story designs/scripts for the Chrono series are awesome - so this simply can't be bad!

Last edited by LiquidAcid; May 12, 2010 at 02:15 PM.
Old May 14, 2010, 02:17 PM

Not scanning - exactly because it would destroy my booklet.

I will do my best with my camera though.
Old May 14, 2010, 04:37 PM

Mitsuda once promised a DVD would surely be released if they received 200 signatures in total, but I'm surprised it hasn't reached yet over the 5 years...
Old May 14, 2010, 07:49 PM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedille View Post
Mitsuda once promised a DVD would surely be released if they received 200 signatures in total, but I'm surprised it hasn't reached yet over the 5 years...
Perhaps it will be released together with the Chrono Cross Guitar Arrange album ;p
Old May 15, 2010, 02:43 PM
VGMdb Advisor

I have good quality scans of the booklet, will upload them later. No need to destroy any more booklets.

A full translation is probably beyond my abilities but I'll give it a look, if nobody is up to it. Maybe I could try deciphering the lyrics first?

EDIT: on a second thought I'm not sure if I should upload them here. The point of this album is music + the story that comes with it, adding it to vgmdb would be a bit like uploading music. Scans of normal booklets are ok I guess since you could say they are for info purposes and preservation, but this is stretching it. Staff thoughts?

Last edited by Dag; May 16, 2010 at 12:59 AM.
Old May 16, 2010, 05:51 PM
VGMdb Advisor

I think we should have it if only so ppl can translate it.

http://vgmdb.net/album/3049 -- if we are setting a precedent about scanning too much information, how do we feel about sheet music?
Old May 17, 2010, 02:02 PM
VGMdb Advisor

I'm still not sure... you can procure the scans elsewhere if you look hard enough, or ask others, etc. VGMdb openly distributing this kind of stuff might hurt its credibility in the long run. There is a fine line between information and free stuff I think.

Anyway I've noticed this kind soul is already translating it (but I'm sure he'd appreciate some thanks):
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/ededi2011/mobi...506#1273178783
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/ededi2011/mobi...513#1273704965

STEALTH EDIT: book uploaded (merry christmas?), was too big and had to resize it. Full size while it lasts.
Also the first track is written with uppercase K in the book, unlike the album itself.

Last edited by Dag; Dec 26, 2011 at 10:21 AM.
Old May 23, 2010, 10:48 AM

kiЯitɘ

This is the actual 'spelling' of the album title, should it be replaced?

I think so, but the problem is that when someone searches for "kiRite" won't find it... Is there any way to include both words?

Edit:
Before you ask, it IS with the lowercase "k"
Source

Last edited by DarioEMeloD; May 23, 2010 at 11:05 AM.
Old May 23, 2010, 11:39 AM

Location: Heaven? No no, what's that other place that starts with H? Oh yes, home. :-)

You could add the correct spelling under the current titles, I think.

One man was smart, he felt smart. Two men were smart, they smelt farrr...darn it! I'll never get it right.

What is "the box" that people are supposed to think outside of anyway? Hmm. Maybe it's similar to the Borg from Star Trek who dwelled as a collective hive-mind within a...box/cube. Those that deviated from this hive-mind would, in effect, be thinking outside of the box. it has both a figurative and a literal meaning.
Old May 23, 2010, 11:41 AM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarioEMeloD View Post
kiЯitɘ

This is the actual 'spelling' of the album title, should it be replaced?

I think so, but the problem is that when someone searches for "kiRite" won't find it... Is there any way to include both words?

Edit:
Before you ask, it IS with the lowercase "k"
Source
Thanks for the heads-up, I added it as an alternate title.