VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jul 4, 2008, 12:20 AM

Liner notes of almost all S.S.T. BAND albums:

http://www.geocities.co.jp/Playtown/5980/disco.html
Old Jan 10, 2011, 04:32 AM
Trusted Editor

After discussing the "Front (small, 2nd print)" cover with Myrkul, I now decided to make this public. I found the picture on this Yahoo auction. There's also I small picture of the backside, which is not sufficient enough to be uploaded, as it only shows the tracklist, not the entire backside of the tray.

But if you compare the "Booklet Front & Back" pic in our database with it, you see a difference: the price is not shown on the auction pic, but on the Booklet scan right next to "Scitron"

Apart from that, you have the solid white case, which of course also could have been changed. But as there were also other early Scitron releases with this (D25B-1001, probably D28B-0013 too), I figured this would be at least a different press. But I could understand if this ain't enough to be 100% sure

So the question is, if there ever was a second run with a 'solid' backside? Also does anybody know, which of the early Scitron releases got a 2nd press?
Old Jan 10, 2011, 09:39 AM
VGMdb Staff

It should be the Booklet Back scan of the 2nd not-pictured print, which it could be different from the first press pictured since those print doesn't have a back cover.
Probably Scitron has edited the back booklet to not re-match the new back cover.
Do we have the Booklet Back scan of the Strider album's pictured press? I want to comparize it with the one of the second print (see link in Strider discussion) to confirme my theory.

Last edited by depa; Jan 10, 2011 at 09:46 AM.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 10:11 AM
Trusted Editor

Could be, but what speaks against it, is that you see parts of the release date box (the square with R.12.28) which are not present on D28B-1001 booklet back. Plus the streaks in the auction picture tend to be from the case IMO. All just speculation, so I guess we'll need better scans to judge

Old Sep 9, 2011, 05:47 AM
Trusted Editor

There's the proof, a back-cover version exists. Now we just have to figure if it is the first or second press. I'm unsure at this point

Old Sep 9, 2011, 06:40 AM
VGMdb Staff

Simple, it's the second press. You take that from this auction . Here's the first pictured version. It miss the back cover like all vgm/anime picture disc.
Also if you look the booklet back of the second print it miss the price, cat.no and disclaimers while they are available on the booklet back of the first print.

Last edited by depa; Sep 9, 2011 at 06:43 AM.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 06:45 AM
Trusted Editor

I know that, but how do you know the picture disc was the first press? All releases before this with the D28B-stem had a back cover.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 07:03 AM
VGMdb Staff

Probably picture discs are limited/special edition.
From what I see not all D28B-stem have their picture release but only Daimakaimura, Strider, Ninja Gaiden, Image Fight, Power Drift & Syvalion; all them printed on picture disc miss the back cover.
When Scitron prints them again with the old standard artwork (blu & black) for the disc like Galaxy Force they add also a back cover.
Old Jan 24, 2021, 06:37 AM

Ah yes, I came here for track 01 and 07, which was worth buying this album for. Also, I've never played Power Drift, not even watched a gameplay video.

And the Altered Beast track is crap.

What was the reasoning behind sticking several songs in a single CD track? It breaks the experience so much, I have no idea why they kept doing this for several years.