VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Apr 24, 2013, 07:55 PM

Myrkul Hi, I've a couple of questions, it is necessary to put the names of the tracks and not just the numbers in notes?, because in many albums just put the numbers and when I put the titles were changed to single numbers. I'm a little confused about it.

Why you deleted the lyricist?, three tracks (4, 14, 17) are vocal covers of the song "can't resist".
Old Apr 25, 2013, 07:28 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

Oh, i did not have the chance to listen to the full album yet so i though all tracks were instrumentals. I added Laura Vall as lyricist again.

About the notes visibility/order it's just a matter of personal preference...
But i think it's better to have a complete breakdown with titles when there are numerous artists/roles, and especially when credits change from 1 track to another.
Also when it's a vocal album whith lot of different performers for example.

I don't mind using the other style with list/numbers whith fewer roles or instrumental albums when listing only composers.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 08:02 AM
VGMdb Staff

Yeah, it's all about personal preferences; I use this basic pattern (with no track names too)

M-01
Composition:
Arrangement:
Lyrics:
Performed by:

but when I have a minor edit of someone else's submission I usually try to accomodate the style (so in this case I wouldn't really exchange track numbers with track titles, but of course we're not the same xD)

btw, the members of the quartet from this part were deleted, why?

Quote:
Performed by: Videri String Quartet [Pamela Cumming (violin), Eli Bishop (violin), Rosie Samter (viola), Brent Selby (cello)]
Arranged by: Eli Bishop
Engineered and mixed by Marley Magner
Old Apr 25, 2013, 10:12 AM

Thanks for clarifying Myrkul, and on the vocal tracks, I knew when I heard the album .

I wonder the same thing as efendja, I didn't noticed that were deleted the quartet members.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 05:13 PM

Sorry for the bump, but does this album contain seventeen or nineteen songs?

I just bought the Game Music Bundle 5 and the version it included only has 17 tracks, while Bandcamp says there's 19 (two bonus tracks.) I sent a tweet to Austin Wintory and asked him but he hasn't replied yet.

Edit: Never mind. The two missing tracks are only available when you buy the soundtrack from Bandcamp. Now I'm gonna have to check the rest of the albums for missing songs...

Last edited by Foxhack; Aug 27, 2013 at 07:28 PM.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 02:09 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

The 2 bonus tracks were added recently i think.
I am sure there were only 17 tracks when i made the entry.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 09:55 AM

Did you just copy the tracklist from the site? Because it says "Immediate download of 19-track album (...)" without any mention of the missing tracks on the tracklist. This Wayback Archive crawl from May 1 mentions the 19-track album with 17 preview tracks so I'm pretty sure they were there from the start.