VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Dec 18, 2010, 08:35 AM

I recently updated a list I keep of my collection in notepad and when I tried to save it I got an error saying I would lose certain characters (if I stayed in ANSI format). I tracked down some very odd hyphen characters in the English name of this soundtrack and I think we're supposed to make the English names all standard, non-JASCII characters if possible (though maybe we still use stars and stuff which probably aren't ANSI compatible). Anyway, I changed them to normal hyphens, but if you have a different character you want to use instead or you really want those back, revert it naturally. But they were very odd hyphens and I don't recognize them.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 08:48 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Yeah, basically any character that isn't available directly on a Latin (probably only US keyboards actually, since this is a US site) keyboard should only be used in alternative titles. That's what I've been "taught" to do anyway.