VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jul 7, 2012, 10:09 AM

Default CD transportation and the heat

If you've been living in the US you know it's been a real scorcher this summer. We're in a drought. The grass here is taking on a lighter color than green. Can't walk outside for more than 5 minutes without getting really sweaty. It's 100 degrees outside!!!

Now the question is should people stop ordering cds to be transported to their houses/apartments in this weather? Are the cds not damaged in such extreme heat in the usps vans? I for one am not leaving any cds in my car. Any thoughts on this?
Old Jul 7, 2012, 02:43 PM

I never really ever considered the heat when ordering CDs, games, DVDs. It's suppose to be in the 100s by tomorrow here, all the way till next Friday. I do have Mushihimesama HD LE ordered. I'm sure it will be fine. Well we'll see.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 06:42 AM

Doesn't it also depend where you order from? "e.g. if you order from a country in their own summer or near the equator"

Assume you get a bootleg from Thailand, or order a disc from Japan in the summer, they have to do the same things DHL, FEDEX, UPS, USPS has to do, which is drive somewhere to pick up the package and maybe others from elsewhere, then drive back to the transportation hub, if it is a small one it has to be then shipped from there to a larger one until it gets to an international hub to be put on a airplane and flown to your country, to repeat the process backwards for delivery.

Depending on time of year and country, you are probably already doing something similar.