VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > VGMdb Site Related > Questions and Comments
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Mar 15, 2011, 08:04 PM

Default Promo CD-Rs

A while back I mentioned getting a promotional physical release of the Assassin's Creed II soundtrack. Well, I found another one, but for Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. Both of them were brand new but I figured I'd open them to rip them and noticed that they're both CD-Rs with printed glossy artwork on them. They have the same contents as their digital releases, just in disc form.

I was going to add them as child entries of their respective albums, but... well, there's no CD-R option. Just CD. Do I go with CD?

Also, these were not published by anyone, so do I just add "N/A" to the publisher, and barcode / catalog numbers?
Old Mar 16, 2011, 05:28 AM
VGMdb Administrator

I think to answer this, we would need to know more about them. What are these promo releases, and how are they distributed?
Old Mar 16, 2011, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
I think to answer this, we would need to know more about them. What are these promo releases, and how are they distributed?
Simply put: I have no idea!

I purchased these at a flea market where I live. I buy used games and software there to resell on eBay. The Assassin's Creed II soundtrack was found in a box filled with several film soundtracks and normal music CDs, and the AC Brotherhood soundtrack was found in a booth that also had a few other gaming soundtracks (all three Project Gotham Racing 2 CD soundtracks.)

At first, I thought the ACII might have been a bootleg, but after finding the Brotherhood soundtrack, I can't be so sure. Both sets have the same CD finish, and they appear to be professionally made promo sets.

I've been thinking of emailing Jesper Kyd to ask, but I'm kinda scared. >_>