VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Apr 19, 2009, 12:02 AM

Location: Heaven? No no, what's that other place that starts with H? Oh yes, home. :-)

This is my favorite Soul Calibur soundtrack out of all of them, in fact, this is probably one of my favorite soundtracks period! Every time I hear this soundtrack I think about going on some sort of adventure or something like that. It's not like some other big-band orchestral music that I've heard where there are crashing symbols every 3 seconds and hardly any melody, most of the music in this soundtrack is catchy and fun to listen to.

There are some songs in here that I like a little too much, as I would place them on "repeat" and listen to them for hours on end, two of those being "CONFRONTATION" and "QUEST FOR GLORY". WOW! Anywho.... I highly recommend this soundtrack to anyone that is interested in upbeat orchestral music, you won't be disappointed. 5/5

Please, share your thoughts on this album, would You not agree that it's pure awesomeness?! LOL.
Old May 23, 2009, 07:16 PM

The only soundtrack I own of the series is IV, and that's because it was a gift. Other than Soul Edge, I've never bothered with Soul Calibur at all, but I have heard much praise for this soundtrack in particular. In all honesty, I'm not particularly looking for a copy, but if I were to come across one I'm certainly buying it.

Reading your post, I personally enjoy soundtracks that sort of make me "wander" out off my mind, much like the soundtrack for Shadow of the Colossus does, so I'm definitely liking it if the music in this soundtrack offers that.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 04:45 PM

My favorites aside from Confrontation are Unwavering Resolve, Guided by Wind, Raise Thy Sword, Brave Sword, Braver Soul, Hellfire, Labyrinth of Moonlight, and Into the Whirlwind. However, I think that the SC3 versions of If There Were Any Other Way and Healing Winds outclass the ones here. Hell, SC3's Healing Winds beats all of these hands down.

Last edited by kyubihanyou; Feb 8, 2010 at 05:00 PM.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 10:28 PM

Tried my best without messing up the hard cover album. Scanned the art of all 47 numbered pages and then some. =D
Old Jan 30, 2011, 06:00 AM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectZer0 View Post
Tried my best without messing up the hard cover album. Scanned the art of all 47 numbered pages and then some. =D
Nice work, the scans look great. That must have taken a while =D
Old Oct 5, 2011, 03:33 PM

Awesome SCANS. Nice work there. Good stuff.

This soundtrack is a little better than the first, and that is saying a lot since that is really what turned me onto the original game. I am not a huge fighting fan.

My favorite is probably Destiny Awaits No One. That little melody kills me everytime. It isn't a track that oozes FIGHT!, but it gives off a sense of hope while alluding to some dire situation. I can repeat it over and over. Unwavering Resolve a close second.

4.5/5.

Last edited by BahamutZ; Oct 5, 2011 at 03:37 PM.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 04:43 PM

Huh, that track is probably my least favorite. What's funny is that my brother really likes that track too, and I still can't see why. My favorites are Unwavering Resolve, Guided By Wind, Chasing Death, Hubris, Confrontation, Eternal Struggle, Sword of the Patriot, Quest for Glory, Healing Winds... dammit, I've listed half the soundtrack now.

Truly one of the best soundtracks ever to grace VGM, anyway.
Old Oct 7, 2011, 02:36 AM

Great music that fits its theme.
Just a few tracks I don't like.
I like the short intro of Destany Awaits No One.
Reminds me of Waluigi's Stadium, also a short intro.
Old May 19, 2013, 10:36 PM

Nakatsuru is definitely the most alluring composer of the entire Namco sound team. Hubris would be his most famous out of stage music, which he has not been able to top since.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 12:49 PM

I added an additional title line for this soundtrack, called "SOULCALIBUR II original soundtrack book" - apparently there are two versions of the book out there, one which just says "SOULCALIBUR II original soundtrack" and another one called "SOULCALIBUR II original soundtrack book".

I also added another scan of the book front to reflect this, minus the "Obi" (or whatever this is called in this case) to show the whole artwork of the book front, unlike the previous scan. For what it's worth, the "Obi" also mentions the "book"-part and the back cover is a little different as well (the barcode section).
Old Aug 30, 2022, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPI View Post
I added an additional title line for this soundtrack, called "SOULCALIBUR II original soundtrack book" - apparently there are two versions of the book out there, one which just says "SOULCALIBUR II original soundtrack" and another one called "SOULCALIBUR II original soundtrack book".
Weird, any idea why there would be two versions of the same release with such a minor difference? Was one of them a reprint or something perhaps?