VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Jan 28, 2016, 03:54 AM

Default Lonley VG Music Maker

Hey everyone,
I am MissCoriel :3
I have been interested in Video Game music since i was able to hum them when I was a child. I am an Intermediate Composer with a big hobby on remaking Old Video Game Music spanning from SNES and NES era.
I am looking for people who enjoy the olden music and I haven't searched for a group for a long time. I started out by making the music with MIDI now I use FL Studio (i know some people don't like it but i think it does just fine).
I hope to find people who have my interests

And if you are wondering, I have enclosed a link for you to hear what I do:
Drakkhen- Remorse Must Be Accepted (Ending)
Old Jan 28, 2016, 05:37 AM
VGMdb Advisor

There's plenty of people with the same interests here and here. Cheers.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 06:08 PM

Hey! Drakkhen!

I haven't played this game myself, but I love the overworld music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2o6q...EC000&index=17

I first heard it in MIDI form on VGMusic. Later I was disappointed to find there was no soundtrack release. Probably because it was exclusive to the SNES version.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi QuestMaster View Post
Hey! Drakkhen!

I haven't played this game myself, but I love the overworld music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2o6q...EC000&index=17

I first heard it in MIDI form on VGMusic. Later I was disappointed to find there was no soundtrack release. Probably because it was exclusive to the SNES version.
Actually, Drakkhen originally came from MSDoS :3
And I was the one who created the Drakkhen section on VGMusic.com :3
I went as UltimaOmega and AbsoluteOmega back then
Also, got you covered.. the MIDI that's there (not by me) was off this is a clean work.

Drakkhen - Earth Day

Also the SNES Drakkhen has great music, I literally wanted to learn to make music just to make these songs.. so now I am putting them together. As for that actual game, One of my friends made a walkthrough/review of it on youtube.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VGMRMissCoriel View Post
This is great! Brings me back to the pre-YouTube internet era with dial up connection and floppy disks.

There was a reason why I collected MIDIs.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 07:36 AM

Awesome :3 nice to find someone who collected MIDIs like i did back in the day.
As for that Drakkhen soundtrack, I am going to be working on the whole thing bit by bit.
Not counting my Drakkhen Remixes, I got 5 tracks for it so far :3
Old Jan 30, 2016, 06:11 PM

I downloaded nearly the entire VGMusic library at the time. When I got my first MP3 player, I converted my favorite MIDIs to audio using SynthFont.

When I discovered that video game music albums was a thing, I started replacing all my converted MIDIs with the actual soundtrack music. In fact, I'm still doing this to this day. Listening to music from games I've never played before got me into playing them.

Which leads us to Drakkhen. How long is this game? Honestly, I'm not a big fan of RPGs, but I tend to like the storylines.

Also, is this music exclusive to the SNES?
Old Jan 30, 2016, 06:58 PM

Yes, the Dos Version doesn't have this music. As for the game itself it's not liked due to people not knowing how to play it, or rather, what to do.
I made a video outlining where to go and what order to do it in but i left out the ways you can level and make money (used cheats to push the vid thru.. i still had the 15 minute limit on.) I am rectifying that with a more in-depth vid. But honestly if you play it with an emulator and you got work or something you can have your characters level themselves up while you are away.. just make a turbo 'B' button and have it held down to avoid wandering merchants. The game is large-ish but if you know what to do it's pretty linear since you can just avoid all the filler for story.
I like it.. mostly because I know how to beat it :P

If you want to know how to beat it.. you can watch me do it.. even without cheats you can probably push thru in 2-8 hours depending on luck.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkukWXEpS5c
Old Jan 30, 2016, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VGMRMissCoriel View Post
But honestly if you play it with an emulator and you got work or something you can have your characters level themselves up while you are away.. just make a turbo 'B' button and have it held down to avoid wandering merchants.
I work ALL THE TIME, so this interests me. What does continually pressing B do?

I have a Super EverDrive, so I think I might have the best of both worlds in this situation.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 08:43 PM

Basically your character fight autonomously. Drakkhen has random battles, but the difference is you don't have to move for them to happen.. Just find a nice place, Press L and R to bring them out and let them sit there fighting on thier own. Ever so often though, a wandering merchant will appear asking if you want to buy something. A for yes and B for no. Having a turbo 'B' means you can dismiss merchants while you are away. You can do this best in the earth area, where you start. The enemies are not very deadly and you get EXP on strikes not kills. Put yourself in a powerful area like the fire or wind area and you could lose armor and die.