VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 20, 2011, 01:05 AM
Trusted Editor

Can someone confirm that our release date is no longer accurate?

See e.g. Amazon Japan:
Link
Old May 20, 2011, 01:42 AM

Some of SuperSweep's albums are initially only available at their shop, and are later released at others, so the date is right. It's a matter of which date we should go with.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 05:34 PM

It's available now from Otaku.com as was the Extra Disc Special Megamix.

I now have both, but I am truely UNimpressed with this particular "Ridge Racer" soundtrack release. Nothing like any previous R.R. OST imo, which is to say that this soundtrack is ALL hard-techno...
Old Jun 6, 2011, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRBORNE6176 View Post
It's available now from Otaku.com as was the Extra Disc Special Megamix.

I now have both, but I am truely UNimpressed with this particular "Ridge Racer" soundtrack release. Nothing like any previous R.R. OST imo, which is to say that this soundtrack is ALL hard-techno...
Except for the rock based tracks by Hamamoto, the jazz/rap ending theme, etc. I really enjoy this one, and it's one of my favorites in the series, but I'm also partial to the heavier sounds that this soundtrack does exhibit. RR6 and RR7 had its fair share of heavier tracks as well.

Last edited by Don; Jun 6, 2011 at 08:08 PM.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 06:41 PM

There was a lot more rock influenced techno on here then the last several soundtracks, but I still found this soundtrack to be quite enjoyable. I'm looking forward to Ridge Racer Unbounded's sound after hearing this.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 08:24 PM

I'm not sure Unbounded is being scored by the inhouse team + others. I hear it's being developed by an outside studio. I do know that Ridge Racer for PSVita will at least feature some in-house music because Taku Inoue did the interactive demo here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ3S6et6r1Y
Old Jun 11, 2011, 05:16 AM

Hmm... The soundtrack for Unbounded will probably suck then. I'd love to be proved wrong though.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 09:52 AM

Well this newest trailer for Unbounded gives the impression that the soundtrack will be techno/electronica. That is good news to me because I was fearful that they were just going to license generic rock and rap songs like most of these types of games do:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pO7jjaXppzo
Old Jul 2, 2011, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindphlux View Post
Well this newest trailer for Unbounded gives the impression that the soundtrack will be techno/electronica. That is good news to me because I was fearful that they were just going to license generic rock and rap songs like most of these types of games do:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pO7jjaXppzo
what the fuck was that? dubstep in ridge racer?

"we are lawless" - el oh el
Old Jul 2, 2011, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
I'm not sure Unbounded is being scored by the inhouse team + others. I hear it's being developed by an outside studio. I do know that Ridge Racer for PSVita will at least feature some in-house music because Taku Inoue did the interactive demo here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ3S6et6r1Y
Oh so that's Taku Inoue, great info. (love that interractive/demo sound!)

Let's hope the NBGI in-house team, well Inoue so far, isn't only involved with the demo..
Also, Namco needs to bring Sano back for Ridge Vita.... he's sorely missed in this 3D album. (first "real" Ridge without him composing :/).

As for Unbounded, well; not much to say except I despise this subcontracting trend bs, it's won't be a Ridge.