VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Sep 5, 2009, 06:39 AM

Along some minor additions and one little mistake fixed, I changed the translation for tack 2 which I think has been carried on for too long. The new one (from a translation from 2 folks at the shmups.com forum) makes much more sense ingame IMO, considering when they are played; when the selected main character's relatives are killed at stage 1, and when you arrive at the last stage, killing Alice clones all over the place.
Old May 27, 2011, 09:52 PM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

It's worth saying that a period of melody in Manabu Namiki's single track here ("Dynasty") is actually later transitioned to the Mushihimesama series; most noticeable in "To Shinju Forest - Stage1" on the first game's OST.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:42 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleb.G View Post
It's worth saying that a period of melody in Manabu Namiki's single track here ("Dynasty") is actually later transitioned to the Mushihimesama series; most noticeable in "To Shinju Forest - Stage1" on the first game's OST.
Well the track does have the subtitle "Next Game Image" and the liner notes preview Mushihimesama at the end. So I suppose it's not a surprise. But it's good to be able to pull out the specific song (Stage1) in analyzing it.
Old May 11, 2013, 10:28 AM

I think the english titles for tracks 10 and 11 were transposed, submitted correction
Old May 11, 2013, 11:43 AM

Are you sure? If that's the case, the Japanese tracklisting in the booklet is wrong. At least by internet translation, the names seem to match up with the previous English tracklisting for tracks 10 and 11.
Old May 11, 2013, 12:34 PM

cave's soundtrack page doesn't speak about any track misplaced
that edit should be reverted

you "think" it's transposed? you should find better than "I think" for explaining that change
Old May 11, 2013, 11:37 PM

OK sorry for the confusion guys, here is the deal: when I was looking at the track list earlier today I encountered on the album page: track 10 'The dream seen as a child - ending' and track 11 'Gentle voice - name entry.' I realized it didn't coorespnd with my cd's data or the japanese tracklisting on this site, specifically 'ending' and 'name entry' were transposed but 'gentle voice' and 'The dream...' were in the correct track position, but not realizing this at first I switched the entirety of each title which is not correct either. So now I have edited it again to what matches the booklet: track 10 'The dream seen as a child - name entry' track 11 'Gentle voice - ending'

Last edited by Yotsuya; May 11, 2013 at 11:55 PM.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 11:46 PM

Could エリニエス possibly be Erinys? エリニュエス gives me a lot of results and エリニエス is close, just missing the small "yu".

By the way, I love every stage song in this game, which I think is the first time I've said that about a shoot 'em up (I love shmup music but it's rare for me to like every stage song in a game). I also like the Dynasty track more than the version in Mushihime-sama, this one's got mood, it sounds like an intro battle in a different type of game or something.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 06:44 AM
VGMdb Advisor

I agree, so it's there now.

St2 is probably "Canyon" if we follow Cave's words
Old Jul 27, 2020, 07:59 AM

Have I gotten all of this correct?
  • Tracks 1-11 are orignal tracks from Espgaluda
  • Tracks 12-14 are arrangements of tracks from Espgaluda
  • Track 15 is from Mushihimesama, which wasn't yet released, and thus the album classification includes "Prototype/Unused" (because the track is a prototype)
Old Jul 27, 2020, 09:56 AM
Trusted Editor

Yep. Nothing to add
Old Jul 28, 2020, 07:17 AM

Why is "Sony PlayStation 2" a represented platform? The PS2 port of Espgaluda was released 8 months after the original arcade release and 3 months after this soundtrack release. Does the PS2 port of Espgaluda at least have the same music with the same quality as the arcade original?
Old Jul 28, 2020, 08:12 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Platform should be for the original release and not later ports, so I changed it. PS2 has this OST and the AST selectable, btw.