VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Nov 20, 2009, 07:00 PM
VGMdb Advisor

If only Hirokuni Korekata is a guest, I can conclude that Kazuki Sakura, Keiichi Shiraishi, Koichi Namiki and Toshihiro Tsuchiya were Kukeiha Club members too... or not necessarily. I'm not sure abut Toshihiro Tsuchiya, for instance.

Last edited by Revoc; Nov 20, 2009 at 07:15 PM.
Old May 1, 2011, 06:13 PM

Unlike previous Kukeiha Club pro-fusion albums, this is the only one to not include a detailed breakdown of guitar soloists and performers on each track. Here's an attempt of what I can make out.

Neighborhood Park
Performance: Motoaki Furukawa & Koichi Namiki
Solo: Motoaki Furukawa

The Ambition of Cultman
Chorus: Motoaki Furukawa & Koichi Namiki

Breathing in Synch
Solo: Koichi Namiki

Bowling
Performance: Motoaki Furukawa & Koichi Namiki

Botanical Garden
Solo: Hirokuni Korekata

More than anyone else in the world
Solo 1: Motoaki Furukawa
Solo 2: Koichi Namiki

Koto
Solo: Motoaki Furukawa

Fancy Shop
Solo 1: Motoaki Furukawa
Solo 2: Koichi Namiki
Solo 3: Hirokuni Korekata

A Slight Happiness
Performance: Motoaki Furukawa
Old Jun 28, 2013, 08:06 PM

The arrange of "Fancy Shop" here sounds exactly like the piano solo one Sakura arranged for Piano Collection 2.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revoc View Post
If only Hirokuni Korekata is a guest, I can conclude that Kazuki Sakura, Keiichi Shiraishi, Koichi Namiki and Toshihiro Tsuchiya were Kukeiha Club members too... or not necessarily. I'm not sure abut Toshihiro Tsuchiya, for instance.
By this time, I estimate the decision to use "Kukeiha Club" in name was likely Furukawa's choice even if the real band had dissolved. The musicians here are session players and arrangers who were doing other or like projects at Konami during the time this was made, including some friends and Konami alum.

I'd say the most solid make-up of Kukeiha Club (jazz-fusion band) members were Motoaki Furukawa, Mami Asano and Tappy for Salamander, Twinbee and HOPE albums. Even the first Kukeiha Club album was really just a T-Square album fused with Furukawa's direction and mostly a fusion project led by Masahiro Ando and big name fusion-jazz players who've played with T-Square.