VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mar 9, 2009, 12:54 AM

Case scans added - hope they're acceptable with the plastic wrapping. If not feel free to delete them.
Old Mar 27, 2009, 12:45 AM

I just noticed something: the price including taxes on the obi is actually a rectangular piece of paper that has been glued to the obi. Did anyone see this on other albums? Maybe there was a mistake on the final amount and they had to cover all obis with the correct price...?
Old Mar 27, 2009, 03:44 AM

Well, the Japanese sales tax used to be 3%, but it looks to have been raised to 5% sometime in early 1997. On KICA-7754, which was released on 1997.2.21, the tax is 3%. On KICA-7760, which was released on 1997.4.9, the tax is 5%. My guess is that, even though the CD was released in 1999, the publisher mistakenly still had the 3% tax on the original obi and had to amend it to 5%.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 10:15 PM

Thank you for the information!

Note: I had modified the Turok 2 entry under Soundtrack, but some smarty deleted it and put back the original text, which is not only wrong but also has an amazing 'didn't had' in it. This game had a soundtrack released, so I'm not sure why the smarty wants lies in the page.

http://turok.wikia.com/wiki/Turok_2:_Seeds_of_Evil

'Like it's predecessor, it didn't had an "Official Soundtrack" released, fans however, have managed to rip the game's soundtrack using different methods. It should be noted that the P.C. version of Turok 2 had a different remix of the soundtrack, meaning the N64 and the P.C. version are different from each other.'

Wrong, misleading, inaccurate... it's Christmas time.

Edit 1: edited again because it really burns my eyes

Edit 2: this really looks like a German fan who totally needs to talk about people like him/her who rip music from games, same shit here: http://turok.wikia.com/wiki/Turok:_Dinosaur_Hunter

OK I'm heading back to my cave, sorry for the monologue.

PS: I totally love the custom-made cover they actually cared to upload, amazing.

Last edited by LuxKiller65; Oct 7, 2010 at 10:37 PM.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 04:47 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

Did you tryed to link back on vgmdb as a reference for the soundtrack?
Maybe discogs too, and other places.. should be enough to proove there's a soundtrack.
Old Oct 9, 2010, 10:19 PM

Hum will try, thanks!
Old May 9, 2012, 03:59 PM

The PC version being different from the N64 version is correct, however. The original Turok had a different soundtrack for its PC release too, though while Turok 2 PC is fairly similar, Turok PC was a bit different.

In Turok 2's case, it seems to be a minor arrangement similar to Chaosfield and its arranges for the Original Mode in some ports of that game (you can now find the console-only tracks on disc 4 of Milestone Sound Collection). There's also a track in the N64 version that I assume (I've never played the game) is for some Oblivion-related cutscene, as I don't see it in the PC version.
Old May 5, 2013, 07:01 AM

On that Wikia page about Turok 2, it mentions "(the PC version of Death Marshes is significantly shorter than the N64 version, as well as Lair of the Blind Ones, Mantids' Hive and Primagen's Lightship" -- however, that is not the case, as far as I know.

The lengths of those songs, in the N64 version, and PC version respectively are (at 2 loops + 10 second fade out), roughly:

Death Marshes: 18:48 (PC), 19:00 (N64)
Lair of the Blind Ones: 14:25 (PC), 14:21 (N64)
Hive of the Mantids: 17:36 (PC), 17:30 (N64)
Primagen's Lightship: 11:00 (PC), 11:00 (N64)

Infact, as you can see Primagen's Lightship, is more or less exactly the same length.

There was never a soundtrack released for the Nintendo 64 version. The lengths on the Wiki are based on the Nintendo 64 game rip. And IIRC, I put those up. One of the lengths (at least) are technically inaccurate, which is Oblivion. There is no 'true' length, as it contains multiple parts that loop at different times. At least, I couldn't here any notable loop after 5 hours (yes, 5 hours).

Anyway, the apparent "being shorter" is based on the fact that the times I put, based on the N64 version, are based on 2 loops, where as the official (PC-based) soundtrack only has 1 loop. Hence, why Port of Adia is 5:34, and not about 10:30 (which is what it would be if it played through 2 loops).
Old Jan 20, 2018, 03:18 AM
Trusted Editor

Shouldn't this entry be for the N64 version of the game? At least the Obi advertises the N64 version and I don't think the PC version was popular back then in Japan. Did it even get a release? I was never too much into Turok to verify but I highly doubt this is for the PC version. Thoughts?

PS: Added better scans.
Old May 26, 2022, 01:03 AM

The original PC release had tracks on the disc as Redbook audio, which had sections cut compared to the N64, but used higher quality samples. This release has the full length versions of the tracks like the N64, but with high quality samples like the PC release. Unfortunately it does not contain all the tracks, and the mastering is different between the Redbook audio and this soundtrack; this release is better. The "infinite length" track that Koopa is referring to is N64 only.