VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Mar 18, 2015, 05:25 PM

I know there's very little arranging going on, but is there any indication of who did it for Front Mission 1st?
Old Mar 19, 2015, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraEpon View Post
I know there's very little arranging going on, but is there any indication of who did it for Front Mission 1st?
If we go by the promo CD credits (see http://vgmdb.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6693) then it seems likely Iwasaki was responsible for the 'upgrade' of all tracks on 1st.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 02:04 PM
VGMdb Advisor

I was curious too so I checked around. The "Iwasaki did it" doesn't seem to be sourced.
Interestingly seems S-E dodges crediting anybody (OST sites, notes and stuff).

Apparently these gentlemen are credited in the PSX U.S.N. (new) staff roll (http://www.critiqueofgames.net/data/ros/kai-fm1.htm)
Music: Hidenori Nagaoka, Fujio Kenji, Ryoue Takagi, Riyo Nishikida
The O.C.U. (original) staff only lists Shimomura/Matsueda it seems.

And in the DS version (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC6_yOnNhcQ)
Sound Engineers: Kengo Hagiwara, Yoshiaki Kimura, Riyou Kinugasa

The DS people are from TOSE Co., and the PS version I think may be from TOSE or WINDS Co. (ex. G-Craft).
Old Mar 19, 2015, 05:25 PM

So that means none of the composers currently credited on the album page wrote the last five tracks of disc 4. But the page for the promo album says Iwasaki did "Theme of BlackHounds" which is one of those five. The scans of the promo don't have credits but they may well be incomplete. Maybe we'll get lucky and someone who owns the album will check if there are credits or if Iwasaki's attribution was just speculation.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 05:01 PM

So thanks to Alcahest we know that there are no credits given on the promo CD. I take this to mean Iwasaki as composer and arranger was just a misinformed guess and those guys did the new arrangements and at least one of them wrote new music. I feel like I should leave what to do about this to somebody higher up than me as I'm not sure I like any option all that much, but something should definitely be done to credit them in some fashion on the page and the one for the promo.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 04:21 AM
VGMdb Advisor

I think I'll revise the notes to add that info.

Ryoue Takagi (def. from TOSE) does list the game her profile here.
Other names are so obscure I wonder if they are aliases (ej Riyo Nishikida > Riyou Kinugasa).