VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jan 26, 2009, 06:26 PM

I've listened to various samples of this soundtrack and in all of them track 4, Monster Dance, ends abruptly at the 3:29~3:30 mark. The track length is listed as 3:30 here, but is that accurate? Can anyone with the actual soundtrack please check if their track 4 ends abruptly or is complete and fades out like the rest of the tracks? Thanks.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 06:33 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I seem to recall this being an infamous case of the track being like that on the CD when it was released.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 07:02 PM

I see, thanks for letting me know. It just felt so odd hearing it end like that, I had to ask. It's a great soundtrack nonetheless.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 07:12 AM

I put my original copy in my CD player this morning, and I can confirm that track 4 does end abruptly at around 3:28.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 08:40 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Which would be the fault of the multitrack recording engineer for chopping off the tail when submitting the 2 track mixdown for that song. The liner notes list 1 engineer and 2 assistant engineers at the recording studio, so it was one of those 3 who botched it.
Old Feb 1, 2011, 09:41 PM

I liked Hitori's (from STC) reasoning: "When the budget's gone, it's gone."
Old Feb 26, 2011, 12:16 AM

Just picked up this CD for $200. Which is a really good deal apparently, I haven't seen one for sale in... Well, ever.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaleon64 View Post
Just picked up this CD for $200. Which is a really good deal apparently, I haven't seen one for sale in... Well, ever.
I once placed a bid of $450 (back in 2000) and lost the auction on ebay. This CD is the result of a rare phenomenon in the industry: POOP. (Painfully Out Of Print)
Old Mar 8, 2011, 08:02 PM

Yeah, literally the moment I saw it for sale that cheap I snagged it right up. Just got it in the mail today, took about a month to get here. But I am so happy right now. It's in MINT condition with the obi and everything.

Now just need to track down a Dracula Battle I and my rare Castlevania CD collection will be complete!
Old Mar 13, 2011, 12:25 PM

By the way, I have a theory about Monster Dance. I'm pretty sure the song was supposed to fade out in the end and they never incorporated the actual fading out.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 09:19 PM

Quote:
By the way, I have a theory about Monster Dance. I'm pretty sure the song was supposed to fade out in the end and they never incorporated the actual fading out.
Exactly what I thought when I heard that track for the first time.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodo Kast View Post
I once placed a bid of $450 (back in 2000) and lost the auction on ebay. This CD is the result of a rare phenomenon in the industry: POOP. (Painfully Out Of Print)
Try $5 at a flea market. Mint. Even if you have money to burn, it's ridiculous to fritter it away.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoZeke View Post
Try $5 at a flea market. Mint. Even if you have money to burn, it's ridiculous to fritter it away.
Plus travel expenses, which would raise the cost to above $1,000 for one CD. (I'm sure there are great deals in Japan, but even the greatest deal of all would still cost as much as a round trip plane ticket.)
Old May 20, 2013, 08:13 PM

The accredited "Konami Symphonic Ensamble" is absent in explanation as to who exactly was involved in the actual orchestral recording. Upon listening, I would say this was done by a very small group of musicians; perhaps an oboe/clarinet, a couple violins and a cello. There's actually a lot more synth and post-production (like Monster Dance -- no symphonic instruments at all) on this one from when I last remembered. Doesn't really surprise me, Nazo Nazo Project's Jun Irie and Hideki Matsutake are masters at mixing.

Might I also mention "Beginning" on Perfect Selection Dracula by Nazo Nazo Project also cuts off abruptly. Either the same production team screwed up or this was meant to spook the listener? Who really knows...

Last edited by XISMZERO; May 20, 2013 at 08:19 PM.