VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sep 13, 2013, 11:30 AM

There is a PC version of this game. Should that be included in the "Platforms represented" section?
Old Sep 13, 2013, 01:01 PM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

It is Fixed.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 08:28 AM

Was this CD even included with PC versions of the game?
Old Sep 14, 2013, 10:24 AM

That's what I'm also wondering... should we even take in consideration what platform was CD released with, or as long as soundtrack is present "in-game" - it counts?
Old Sep 14, 2013, 10:30 AM

In the polish PC version a soundtrack is included. I can't say for sure, but I would assume it's the same one, unless for some odd reason the composer made a different version for the Polish release(?).

Also, according to the notes: "Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga is a remastered version of Divinity II: Ego Draconis..." which is a PC version and contains the tracks from the PC EP album.

Additionally, "The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring" album only comes with the PS2 version I believe. But it is also listed as representing the PC.

Those are the reasons I asked if this should be listed as PC also. Just not exactly sure what the criteria is.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiLO View Post
That's what I'm also wondering... should we even take in consideration what platform was CD released with, or as long as soundtrack is present "in-game" - it counts?
That's a good question.

The wording says "Platform represented...". I'm not a big fan of playing semantics, but I take that to mean that it is from the game, be it PC, PS2 or otherwise.

If it said "Disc included with..." or something of that nature, it would be a little clearer.

Personally, I think if the music is included in a certain format, then said format should be listed in the "Platform represented."
Old Sep 14, 2013, 02:50 PM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

I usually treat the "Platforms Represented", to the current platforms which the game is running on. Though, it's not retroactive.
I am agree to add the PC platform because the game was released before the date of that disc.
If the PC version would have been released years later, then no.

But it's a good question.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 08:56 PM

OK, just so I understand, if the game comes out on a certain platform after the release of an album, then EVEN if the music in the game is on that album, the album would not be considered as "representative" of that platform?
Old Sep 15, 2013, 05:47 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

As i said, that's how i personally treat my entries.

For example, Alan Wake Original Score.
At the time of the print, no one could have guess that the game was gonna be released on PC.

I am not sure if it's ultra logical, but if we don't use that logic, a lot of very old games/cds would need to be changed to the current platform, because they were released years later on digital platforms (psn, xbox live...)
Like the King of Fighters series on Wii ... like Streets of Rage 2 on Xbox 360... ?