VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jun 29, 2013, 01:10 PM

I can't add 2 discs for some reason ;;
so whoever can please add it.

1. F(要)U(和谐)C(有爱)K ME ( Vocal : 美妃 )
2. Disintegration
3. I pray to stop my cry -little sea style-
4. 同じ空の下で
5. Do you know the magic?
6. oblivion
7. 夏草の线路 -Album Mix-
8. FLY TO THE TOP
9. two HeaRt
10. Imaginary affair
11. eclipse
12. bumpy-Jumpy!
13. See You 〜小さな永远〜 -P.V ver.-

《DISC - 2》

1. 美しく生きたい
2. Collective
3. Face of Fact
4. Velocity of sound
5. ihad
6. IMMORAL
7. Around the mind
8. HALLUCINO
9. Leaf ticket
10. birthday eve
11. Wing my Way
12. Fair Heaven
13. Blaze a trail
Old Jun 29, 2013, 01:22 PM

I will add it. Meanwhile, you can add the credit breakdown in the note, try to find a tracklist outside of the Chinese website (like here) and denote what products this album is connected to (the last one is maybe the top priority, I guess, since the rejection determination is involved).
Old Jun 29, 2013, 01:44 PM
VGMdb Staff

Ushio, you should submit an album with complete information (as much as possible). Prepare everything you can before the submission and only after that's done make a new entry. There's no reason to add important information later for already released albums, again, all that can be prepared in advance (txt, doc files/whatever).

Here you leave empty notes (artist breakdown is absolutely needed as it's already pointed out) and put a random category 'publication', no titles of represented products... That's one of the ways for rejection. You're not exactly a new member anymore and your submissions have somewhat improved so don't backtrack.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 04:36 PM

Efendija I would LOVE to do better but I've not had any sort of guide to take me further. The submission thing on the side is really confusing to me since it doesn't have clear examples, so I try my best anyway. I do searches and get any information I find, but please don't expect absolute perfection from me. It would help me lots if others would post where they find what they add.
and as a very very small request, please be I add things thankful at least. I know that others would be thankful for each album they find here, so I'd love a thanks before/after any criticism please.

so I added some artists to the notes. I really have no idea what recorder is, but it looks like what series it's from. Some artists weren't in the database here.

Last edited by Ushio; Jun 29, 2013 at 05:01 PM.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 02:30 AM
VGMdb Staff

I can't be exactly thankful when a user leaves a lot of the job (if not all of it) to trusted editors/staff if the information was available. I can't be thankful for such incomplete entries. The goal isn't to make an entry for just about anything you have even slightest info for or worse if you yourself don't know what you're submitting (to be blunt: you see an anime-like cover, you have practically almost nothing else ready information-wise and you make a new entry here just because, well, it's probably OK - the cover is animeish enough), that isn't helpful. In that case it's always better not to make a new entry at all.

Try to understand our position too.

Last edited by Efendija; Jun 30, 2013 at 02:33 AM.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 05:53 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ushio View Post
I know that others would be thankful for each album they find here, so I'd love a thanks before/after any criticism please.
If you expect a pat on your back for every submission, then you're obviously very wrong here. Like Ef explained, you can't just drop album submissions here and only do the easy stuff while leaving the tedious part to the staff.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 07:30 AM

is it really that hard to just say "thank you, but you forgot _ ?" Is it really that horrible just to ask people to be nice and polite? What's wrong with having manners here? People are so quick to criticism or troll but not in the slightest way be humble ;;
I'm sorry I don't fit your standards of being a rocket scientist. it really is not easy for me to find information, please understand that I am not as professional as you. I'm not leaving things empty because I'm lazy, it's because I just don't where to find it or what to do. I can't read Japanese or chinese so that just makes it worse.

I would gladly finish anything I submit if you give me the information. I try my best to find it first, but please don't expect me to be perfect like you. People do appreciate this db, so please appreciate the people who help add to it. complaining is not as encouraging to do better as being thankful, especially for voluntary chores.

If you want me to do better, TEACH ME. If you're fine with how I am now, then please just smile!
Old Jun 30, 2013, 07:48 AM

lol, man you are aware with the number of submissions, we can't thank any people just because they submit something
actually, it should be you that should say "thank you" to people editing your incomplete submissions and not the contrary, people thanking you

Last edited by Phonograph; Jun 30, 2013 at 09:29 AM.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 08:16 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
I'm sorry I don't fit your standards of being a rocket scientist. it really is not easy for me to find information, please understand that I am not as professional as you. I'm not leaving things empty because I'm lazy, it's because I just don't where to find it or what to do. I can't read Japanese or chinese so that just makes it worse.
Is that supposed to be some kind of excuse? If yes, then it's a very bad one. Try this: If you're unable to acquire enough information about an album, then just refrain from submitting it.

Quote:
I would gladly finish anything I submit if you give me the information.
Wrong, if you submit an entry, then you are the one who's supposed to provide the information.

Quote:
I try my best to find it first, but please don't expect me to be perfect like you.
Again, if you can't maintain this minimum standard (which Ef already explained), then don't submit.

Quote:
People do appreciate this db, so please appreciate the people who help add to it.
What kind of screwed up logic is that supposed to be?!

Quote:
If you want me to do better, TEACH ME. If you're fine with how I am now, then please just smile!
What are you, a spoiled 12yr old child?
Old Jun 30, 2013, 08:33 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

I can't agree more that sometimes we are drowning under submissions.
You don't imagine how much work the staff is doing.

Though this should be discussed somewhere else.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 08:47 AM

I'm the only one to find amazing that a guy with no japanese knowledge has as a nick Ushio? ;p