VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jan 16, 2010, 07:22 AM
Trusted Editor

I was wondering how this "Deluxe Edition" pack should be handled:
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B002YXSR9C/?tag=vgmdb-22

Looks like it contains both the red and blue album. Currently it's linked from both the red and blue album in the "available at" section.

I'm also wondering why e.g. CDJapan is listing the red album, but not the blue one. Might have something to do with the publisher (red is TEAM Entertainment, blue is Frontier Works), which raises the question why the Hymmnos album always have to come from two different publishers...
Old Jan 16, 2010, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidAcid View Post
I was wondering how this "Deluxe Edition" pack should be handled:
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B002YXSR9C/?tag=vgmdb-22
It apparently doesn't warrant a dedicated entry, based on this thread.

I also wonder how to handle the catalog number of the other entry (it has two numbers, GUSTCD-10002 and KDSD-10043) as well as how to handle the title of these two new hymmnos albums (if we follow the past four hymmnos entries, we should literally translate 咲夜琉命 and put it to the title field with its furigana...).
Old Jan 16, 2010, 09:16 AM
Trusted Editor

Wait, the Persona Premium Box is just a box - this box here actually has some content (two albums which are already in the DB), and probably some more stuff (which I can't figure out since my japanese sucks...)

Concerning the catalog numbers: I think that this GUSTCD numbers were just preliminary.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidAcid View Post
Wait, the Persona Premium Box is just a box - this box here actually has some content (two albums which are already in the DB), and probably some more stuff (which I can't figure out since my japanese sucks...)
Well, I assumed it'd be the same as the previous Hummno cases (like this) that we could get if we ordered the two hymmnos albums together... It was just a box, and as far as I read, the box seems to be still the only difference here. But now it's released as a Deluxe Edition, it's a matter of whether the packaging can be seen as drastically different or not... There are two different boxes depending on retailers, so we need to add two more entries if we think of these boxes as a drastic difference.

The GUSTCD numbers is still on the official site.

BIG EDIT: I assumed the box set didn't have its own catalog number, but it does. So please ignore my post

Last edited by Cedille; Jan 27, 2010 at 03:22 PM.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 11:43 AM
Trusted Editor

Removed trailing whitespaces in the notes section and converted some remaining tabs to spaces. Going to check the red album next