VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Dec 18, 2023, 02:15 AM

I have to say, one of the more frustrating albums I've picked up recently. It tries a little bit of everything, arranging seemingly random tracks from the entire series and mostly falls flat (including a very bland mix of "I'm Mixing Now!", an odd jazz track in "Full-Bokko" and an original song that haphazardly throws the guitar/string mix together that Atelier battle tracks are known for). But then, out of nowhere, it comes up with a masterful piano arrangement of "Town of Water" from Grand Fantasm/Atelier Iris 3. Much simpler in instrumentation than the original, but it makes it SOUND like the tune was written for piano.

Pretty much a one-track wonder of an album otherwise, with a few growers tacked on for good measure (Spring Wind Skylark and Wind Banquet are solid). But damn, that one track almost makes it worth it. :/