VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jan 12, 2010, 09:06 AM

Loving the cast of arrangers. Hirota and Kagura seem meant for each other, as does Takada and Heat Haze. I'm especially looking forward to Fujikado's last boss arrangement. The Trash Panic game has some awesome music.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 01:43 PM

Awesome, I can't wait to have my hands on a copy. This should be promising, with some quite unexpected but very welcomed guests, like Yamane.

I find it ironical how just a couple of years ago, it was quite difficult to obtain classic CAVE games' music; either you had the rare and expensive DDP/RaDe Cd or like in this case, there was no official release at all.
Yet look at this, released on 2 albums, and with an arrange coming. Just sweet.

MAH BOI, this peace is what all true warriors strive for!!
Old Jan 28, 2010, 08:30 PM

Tracklist and album art here:

http://www.cave-shop.jp/item/4596.html
Old Jan 30, 2010, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
Tracklist and album art here:

http://www.cave-shop.jp/item/4596.html
How do I order directly from Cave? I typically have to wait for these things to pop up on ebay, which is extremely expensive.

There is a really good guide online for ordering from Falcom; is there a similar one for Cave?
Old Jan 30, 2010, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodo Kast View Post
How do I order directly from Cave? I typically have to wait for these things to pop up on ebay, which is extremely expensive.

There is a really good guide online for ordering from Falcom; is there a similar one for Cave?
Cave doesn't sell soundtracks outside of the semiannual offline Cave Maturi and quarterly-ish online Cave Maturi, the latter is indeed just a one-day online selling and according to their terms of services only domestic orders are acceptable.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 07:53 AM

[QUOTE=Cedille;15363]Cave doesn't sell soundtracks[QUOTE]

Cave needs to ensure that no one outside their special group of buyers can become cognizant of what they are selling. They don't seem to understand that the internet is a worldwide advertising medium. I mean, they make this great music and then say, "Sorry, you must live in a certain place to buy from us. We don't care that the postal system on this planet is capable of delivering anywhere, nor do we care if you're willing to become a regular customer."
Old Jan 31, 2010, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodo Kast View Post
Cave needs to ensure that no one outside their special group of buyers can become cognizant of what they are selling. They don't seem to understand that the internet is a worldwide advertising medium. I mean, they make this great music and then say, "Sorry, you must live in a certain place to buy from us. We don't care that the postal system on this planet is capable of delivering anywhere, nor do we care if you're willing to become a regular customer."
Welcome to the club, my son.

I refuse to believe it is that hard to distribute cds trhough major retailers like amazon and such (and I'm only referring to online retailers, which obviously must have a much inferior cost to use). They think this business strategy of being secret niche circle, with stuff that becomes avaliable only very few times and at very specifical place to keep fans expectant, is profitable (and probably is, if they keep doing it); but I think it's extremely annoying and blatant in the long run, even more for overseas customers.
Then again Cave has stated multiple times in the past they didn't consider foreign players in their business plans. Only now that seems to be changing, but doesn't seem to be the case with merchandise.

Old Jan 31, 2010, 09:45 AM

Here's a PV for TECHNOuchi's arrangement of Symbol. It'll be interesting to see how it develops, given the original is so short. TECHNOuchi always seems to go for that gradual build. I like the soundscape of this arrangement as well.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...eoid=102559139
Old Feb 17, 2010, 08:10 PM
VGMdb Advisor

pre-release pic, from Yoshitaka Hirota's Twitter
"kulko_yh: 2.20リリースされる、ぐわんげアレンジアルバムのサンプルが届きました。今、聴いてます。すごくいいわ ー! http://twitpic.com/13vkgs"
Old Feb 21, 2010, 04:59 PM

Taken from SEMO's recent interview with Michiru Yamane:

Michiru Yamane: The original game was a Japanese-styled shooting game. The new project was to have various composers freely arrange the game's music using everyone's own Japanese influences. For my contribution, I adapted the select screen music somewhat in the style of dance music, but with a difference. I incorporated influences from traditional Japanese compositions, both those written in the form of the Naga-Uta and those from the south of Japan. I blended these influences with European operatic vocals and a groovy beat. I would be happy if you would dance to it.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 02:41 PM

Added performance credits based on SEMO's interview with Maki Kirioka.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 12:46 PM

Finally, full set of scans.
Feel free to fill in the rest of album credits.

Old Apr 13, 2010, 09:45 AM

What's the best way to get a hold of this? I'm very interested in Hirota's arrangement and also just the soundtrack in general but I can't seem to find a good way to buy it.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 11:46 AM

AFAIK, it's only sold at the Matsuri; so, either you wait until the next matsuri and someone gets it for you, or you look around YAJ or at the regulars in eBay.
Talk about accessibility.

Old Apr 2, 2012, 06:16 AM

Yamane's arrangement is breathtaking. Reminiscent of VM Japan at times. I'd rather listen than dance to it, Mrs. Michiru!
Old Oct 22, 2012, 08:09 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Kewing, were you the one that did these and the other CAVE album scans, or did you just locate them and post them here?

I want to know because these scans are friggin immaculate and I want to know what kind of scanner you have and how you keep the scanning bed clean and free of dust...
Old Nov 25, 2012, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramza View Post
Kewing, were you the one that did these and the other CAVE album scans, or did you just locate them and post them here?

I want to know because these scans are friggin immaculate and I want to know what kind of scanner you have and how you keep the scanning bed clean and free of dust...
Hahaha thanks. Yes, I did scan those myself (not all the Cave albums though, got quite a few rather late after release)
There's nothing too special about the process; my scanner is a CanonScan LIDE 600F, and my usual workflow usually goes like this:
- Always clean the scanning before every single scan (helps later)
- Scan at 400dpi with the sharpening filter set to low
- Align and crop images properly.
- Color correct if needed (I usually do so since my scanner tends to output the scans a bit towards the reds).
- Manually edit/retouch the picture to remove all the too visible dust stains and color glitches if any (definitely the most time consuming part)
- Level correction to give proper contrast.
- And finally adjust sharpening (I prefer apply the sharp filter it manually, to see if it actually needs more or less sharpening)

And that's it. Rather tedious and time-consuming (an simple album can already take an hour) but definitely worth it.