VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 29, 2020, 05:48 PM
Trusted Editor

10000% agree, Shima absolutely knocked his tracks out of the park. What a talent.
Old May 29, 2020, 06:30 PM

His interpretation of Hashimoto’s “Main Theme of FINAL FANTASY VII” straight up made me cry the first time I heard it in game. That takes work.
Old Yesterday, 03:17 PM

I love reading the music credits for games like this after finishing my first playthrough. For as big of an Ace Combat fan as I am, the fact that Kobayashi composed "The Valkyrie" flew right over my head. And who would've guessed that some of my favorite tracks would be composed by a relative newcomer (Shima's pieces are absolutely breathtaking).

Like many others, I can't help but bemoan the absence of certain tracks from the soundtrack, though. There's one song in particular that plays in the Train Graveyard (in the section before Eligor I believe) that features a nice little rendition of the Turks motif. As soon as I heard that in-game, I shot over to Youtube to see if I could find it. But it's neither there nor on the official soundtrack. What a letdown.

Still a really fantastic soundtrack all-around. Big ups to everyone who worked on it, and I hope they return for the rest of the remakes.
Old Today, 12:33 AM

Speaking of the absence of some tracks, do you think they will put up a Vol. 2 which contains all the missing tracks? Idk how many tracks are missing but sure there are some different renditions of certain tracks. "Ghoul" for example misses it's introduction music while most of the boss musics have that, which is a shame. And why do some tracks loop and other's don't? This made me curious.
Old Today, 10:17 AM

The game releases in 3 parts, expect an OST to follow each game... By the end of it all, it'll probably make FFXIV's discography look tame, because SE sure loves to milk the Cows.
Old Today, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Tear View Post
Speaking of the absence of some tracks, do you think they will put up a Vol. 2 which contains all the missing tracks?
Perhaps an OST Plus, like IX or XIII?

Quote:
And why do some tracks loop and other's don't? This made me curious.
This might be contentious, but I could really go for looping tracks to go out of style entirely; we're at a point with at least SEM where the tracks are largely developed enough where they don't need to loop. My brain still reels over how many FFXIV tracks, for example, clock in at well over ten minutes for no good reason.
Old Today, 12:27 PM
Trusted Editor

Agree wholeheartedly. Looping is so overrated. Also I don't really think the missing tracks are that big a deal. There's over 8 hours of music already, missing a handful of tracks or parts of tracks is not the end of the world. I'm sure they cut a little bit to go for the whole "7" theme, and that's fine. Just wait for an OST+.
Old Today, 01:57 PM

Does anyone know what they say in Latin on the Track 'Midgar,city of Marko "?