VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > VGMdb Site Related > Questions and Comments
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Aug 7, 2009, 03:17 PM

Location: Heaven? No no, what's that other place that starts with H? Oh yes, home. :-)
Default Music Widget for VGMdb

I've seen this in other forums where you can load a song from your computer into the 'mp3 player' widget and it'll automatically playback that song whenever users click on your profile. Would the Admins consider adding something similar here to VGMdb? Here's where I found this: Widgetbox

One man was smart, he felt smart. Two men were smart, they smelt farrr...darn it! I'll never get it right.

What is "the box" that people are supposed to think outside of anyway? Hmm. Maybe it's similar to the Borg from Star Trek who dwelled as a collective hive-mind within a...box/cube. Those that deviated from this hive-mind would, in effect, be thinking outside of the box. it has both a figurative and a literal meaning.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 03:26 PM
VGMdb Administrator

To be honest, I find those things to be very annoying, especially if I'm already listening to music while browsing, when suddenly some music from some site overpowers my own.

So no, I don't really want mp3 player widgets on the profiles.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 03:39 PM

Location: Heaven? No no, what's that other place that starts with H? Oh yes, home. :-)

For the widget that I linked you to, you can see on the right-hand side that, by default, it's set to where the user has to click on the 'play' button in order for the music to start.

One man was smart, he felt smart. Two men were smart, they smelt farrr...darn it! I'll never get it right.

What is "the box" that people are supposed to think outside of anyway? Hmm. Maybe it's similar to the Borg from Star Trek who dwelled as a collective hive-mind within a...box/cube. Those that deviated from this hive-mind would, in effect, be thinking outside of the box. it has both a figurative and a literal meaning.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 04:37 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Yeah, I'm still not a fan of the idea. Sorry.
Old Aug 8, 2009, 10:55 AM

Understood, it was just an idea.