VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Feb 17, 2020, 12:58 AM

Unless the track times are drastically different this should be linked as a reprint of K30X-7701. Dunno how we should handle the vinyl edition. Yes, it's split between the two sides but the original vinyl release from 88 is considered a reprint. The new issues of Ys II should remain separate because they're missing the sound effects from the 88/93 versions.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 01:26 AM
Trusted Editor

It's not listed on the submission pages, but the store pages notes that these new releases have been remastered. Does that make them qualify as separate submissions?

Having a double vinyl release count as a reprint has been done before, so I don't think that should be an issue. It just needs to have the tracklist unlinked and added separately (unless there's a way for mods to just link it all automatically).

If I recall correctly the label manager for these new issues did mention that the source Falcom provided for these new ones are the same as for the old ones (except for the remastering, which I'm assuming was handled by the new label or and not Falcom, but I don't know for certain). I might be remembering wrong, though, so I'd have to track down the post where it was mentioned to make sure. If I can't find it I can just try asking
Old Jun 29, 2020, 11:17 AM
Trusted Editor

Have to say that this release is barebones as it can be, no booklet at all. And there's few errors on the tracklist on the back scan, as tracks M5-6 and M11-12 are swapped on it, but on the cd itself, they're in proper order.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 01:57 AM

man look at the print quality on that disc... reminds me of the sticky paper covers i used to put to my burned discs as a kid, you know with that spring mechanism to apply them properly and flat on the disc.

good job!