VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Feb 16, 2020, 02:10 AM

Maybe I'm blind but I can't find Daisuke Ohshima being credited on this release at all... https://i.lensdump.com/i/jWYriv.png

Disc 2, track 10 credit: https://i.lensdump.com/i/jWYZP2.png

Edited the credit for disc 2, track 8 in notes because 1) it's arranged by Kuwano, 2) it's an instrumental track.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 07:45 AM
VGMdb Staff

I just copied the game credits. Obviously the album credits should replace those.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 09:48 PM

I've never played the game but I'm guessing some things, including the music, got carried over from the original.

Anyway, I'll make the changes based on the music production side of the liner note credits in a minute. The only issue I have are these two track credits that were in the notes section:

M-2.06
Vocal: RINKU (Mistera Feo)
Choir: Mistera Feo
Composer: Mitsuto Suzuki
Arranger: Mitsuto Suzuki
Lyricist: Atari productions inc.
E.Guitar: Tsuyoshi Sekito
Mixing & Recording Engineer: Masahiro Matsuda

M-2.09
Vocal: Sana
Composer: Mitsuto Suzuki
Arranger: Mitsuto Suzuki
Lyricist: Mitsuto Suzuki

They aren't in it.

With my submissions or edits, I only add what's written in the liner notes, nothing else. In-game or wiki credits I do not touch. I can see where you got them though and they're correct based on the original tracks but in this release they're arrangements (evident by the track titles). M-2.09 is composed by Suzuki, and arranged by him and Tokusashi. Sana vocals are there but she isn't credited. Same with M-2.06. Suzuki composed and arranged it but the vocal/choir credits aren't included. Should carryover vocals be credited?
Old Feb 16, 2020, 09:57 PM

Anything officially credited or confirmed from a primary source (including in-game credits) is fair game for notes.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 10:28 PM

Right, but the tracks I'm referring to are arrangements. The two credits are based on the originals, which aren't on this release.

The original M-2.06: https://vgmdb.net/album/95680

Why leave the credits of the original 2015 track when we don't know who was involved with the 2017 arrangement in this release other than Suzuki?

I've finished but now I'm not sure if I have to re-input the above credits back before submitting...

Edit: Nevermind, done it. I kept the other credits like the poster above said.

Last edited by Strife; Feb 17, 2020 at 07:24 PM.