VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Dec 2, 2009, 02:58 PM

I made some minor modifications: I changed "Ryuvane" to "Rieubane", "Alcrest" to "Al Crest", and "Shiera" to "Sienna". I think, for track 3, "Emergency" should be changed to something like "Event" or "[The] Incident", but I wasn't sure which sounded better, so I just left it as "Emergency" for now.

I also added a Japanese tracklist.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 11:11 AM

"Was Saw"? Neat palindrome, but...

Also, separation with?

EDIT: Question about 残想. I just don't understand it.

残 [zan] (n,pref) remaining; left-over; excess
想 [sou] (n) (1) conception; idea; thought; (2) (Buddh) samjna (perception)

Sure internet translators kinda suck. But, I literally can't find any information on such a combination of kanji. And, from those definitions, I don't know how "regression" comes up - "remaining thought"? I'm so confused. (Also not saying it's not regression, just wondering how.)

EDIT2: It's AI Crest, the 'I' just looks like an 'l' in sans-serif fonts.

EDIT3: Red Gale should be Red Breeze, a boss from the game.

Last edited by Hellacia; Feb 24, 2012 at 11:43 AM.
Old Apr 9, 2020, 06:51 AM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellacia View Post
EDIT: Question about 残想. I just don't understand it.

残 [zan] (n,pref) remaining; left-over; excess
想 [sou] (n) (1) conception; idea; thought; (2) (Buddh) samjna (perception)

Sure internet translators kinda suck. But, I literally can't find any information on such a combination of kanji. And, from those definitions, I don't know how "regression" comes up - "remaining thought"? I'm so confused. (Also not saying it's not regression, just wondering how.)
I know this is very old now, but I found an entry on the Japanese Wikipedia for 残想効果(ざんぞうこうか), which is "Afterimage" in English.

From the English page: "An afterimage is an image that continues to appear in the eyes after a period of exposure to the original image. An afterimage may be a normal phenomenon (physiological afterimage) or may be pathological (palinopsia)."

So maybe something like "Castle of Illusion" or "Illusory Castle" might be a better fit than "Castle of Regression"?
Old Apr 9, 2020, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Porter View Post
I know this is very old now, but I found an entry on the Japanese Wikipedia for 残想効果(ざんぞうこうか), which is "Afterimage" in English.

From the English page: "An afterimage is an image that continues to appear in the eyes after a period of exposure to the original image. An afterimage may be a normal phenomenon (physiological afterimage) or may be pathological (palinopsia)."

So maybe something like "Castle of Illusion" or "Illusory Castle" might be a better fit than "Castle of Regression"?
I had looked into this and found similar, but note that the kanji are different (the ones you have for 残効果 are incorrect, and as far as I can tell 想 isn't subject to rendaku so it would be read as そう, not ぞう). The only results I'm getting for 残想 are for a novel with that title.

Last edited by Aifread; Apr 9, 2020 at 08:43 AM.
Old Apr 9, 2020, 08:52 AM

it's not what "deja-vu" is? (with a "already seen" or "known" meaning)

edit: note that 残想 is maybe meant to be 残像 (zanzou)

Last edited by Phonograph; Apr 9, 2020 at 08:57 AM.
Old May 5, 2020, 06:33 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

A copy of this one, with Obi, sold for ¥161,001 on Yahoo Japan Auctions a couple of days ago.

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/o391083008