VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old May 24, 2009, 08:16 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

I'd like to try to clear what is actually on the notes:

Quote:
Mother 1+2 Original Soundtrack
Despite the album title, this is an arrange album for Mother and Mother 2.
I am not completely sure as i never played the game.. but have you ever though it's the original soundtrack of the game "Mother 1+2".. it's not an album for "Mother" & "Mother 2".. but the release date of this albums fits the release date of the GBA remake of both games. (called "Mother 1+2")

The music was probably arranged for the remake.. making it an original soundtrack.

Anyone confirm?

Last edited by Myrkul; May 24, 2009 at 08:19 AM.
Old May 25, 2009, 11:09 AM
VGMdb Advisor

The music definitely has higher quality and I think most tracks are altered/extended a bit, so I'd say it's arranged. The GBA remakes just have GBA-fied versions of the original music (lower quality and little else).
Old Dec 15, 2009, 07:57 AM

MOTHER 1+2 is not a remake, it is a tweaked port of the two games. This soundtrack was put out for that port; it's more like an arrange album for the games themselves.

I don't think it would hurt to consider this as representative of MOTHER 1+2, though.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 04:30 PM

This may be 'pointless', but I was wondering where the arrangers were credited.. constantly looking over the booklet.. then as I gave up and picked up the CD, I see right on the front tray page, there they are... derrrr
edit: ah, but looking at it I noticed hat track 12 was not arranged by Matsumae (as listed on the page, so I editted that)

Last edited by mercenary09; Apr 7, 2010 at 04:36 PM.
Old Dec 6, 2020, 09:19 AM

This album credits composition for the Mother 1 track "Snowman" to Hirokazu Tanaka alone, while the original Mother OST release credits the track to both Tanaka and Suzuki.

So which is it? Did Suzuki compose for the track or not?
Old Feb 21, 2021, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTB View Post
This album credits composition for the Mother 1 track "Snowman" to Hirokazu Tanaka alone, while the original Mother OST release credits the track to both Tanaka and Suzuki.

He most likely did. The recent release of "MOTHER MUSIC REVISITED" also credits both Tanaka and Suzuki.
Old Mar 6, 2021, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTB View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimizer View Post
He most likely did. The recent release of "MOTHER MUSIC REVISITED" also credits both Tanaka and Suzuki.
I have listened to the arrangements of both albums and, while the "MOTHER 1+2 Original Soundtrack" version is an arrangement of exclusively the Snowman theme, the "MOTHER Original Sound Track" version also contains an snippet of the House theme from MOTHER 1.

My personal theory is that Tanaka alone composed the Snowman theme in its entirety (which is why he is credited on both albums), while Suzuki may have composed the House theme (which is why he is credited only on the "MOTHER Original Sound Track" album).

EDIT: Oh wow, I hadn't even noticed that the "Revisited" album had an actual full track breakdown! Interestingly the original version of Snowman is credited to both of them though? That kinda makes things confusing now...

Last edited by RBM95; Mar 6, 2021 at 01:09 PM.