VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Apr 14, 2009, 05:35 AM
VGMdb Administrator

I removed "Tsugunai OST" as an alternative title. I think that releases on the Sleigh Bell label are patterned as a series of solo concept albums, and about half of them aren't given game titles.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 01:52 PM
VGMdb Advisor

About that, while reading the liner notes on Chudah's website, I came across this:
Quote:
Due to rights related issues, all the music on this album was newly recorded. Naturally, this means the sound quality was improved over the original PlayStation 2 sound, but the original game sound was already fairly high quality.
So, is it really an "Original Soundtrack"?
Old Oct 26, 2011, 01:14 PM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

I think "Tsugunai: Atonement Soundtrack" should be an alternative title for search purposes alone. I can't even remember how to spell the album's actual title most of the time.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 01:19 PM

I agree, I see this in a lot of soundtracks. Of course, part of me feels like if we want to search for a game by its Western name, we should use the "Product contains" field in advanced search... but the part of me that thinks that's a real pain disagrees But it isn't technically a *title* of the album... is it...?
Old Oct 26, 2011, 01:55 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Another way to find this would be adding Tsugunai (the game) as a product.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 04:19 PM

Hey, that sounded like such a good idea, I just had to go ahead and do it. Hopefully my entry's par... it's my first product entry. However I don't know how to link things to each other (if I am even able to), so if someone wants to go ahead with that, or let me know how, that'd be great.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 08:40 PM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

I didn't know you could search for games in the main search box. That's pretty cool. Thanks everyone!
Old Nov 3, 2011, 08:27 PM

Well, it seems this was solved; I too didn't know you could search for games in the main search field. I usually just typed in "an cinn" whenever I looked this soundtrack up.
Old May 2, 2019, 10:43 PM
Trusted Editor

I updated the track times from CD source because it wasn't pulling via freedb but noticed that a previous update had some of the same tracktimes changed. I'm assuming those were from non-CD source, whether it was digital downloaded rip or from iTunes.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 03:19 PM
Trusted Editor

There seems to be a printing of this soundtrack that has a barcode on the obi, as seen here: https://otaku.com/products/12502

Should that barcode be added to this release? It appears early printings don't have any barcode at all.