VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Aug 11, 2010, 12:18 AM

Some websites, such as GameFAQs and this Japanese site, seem to think the game is called Secret Game -Killer Queen-. The games in the site listed as a reference in this entry and the one I've linked to look like they have the same characters and such. Anybody know anything about this game, or if these are two different games even?
Old Aug 11, 2010, 12:56 AM

It appears this game was initially released as a Doujin project and called "Killer Queen" at the time. The later commercial releases for PS2 and PC were renamed as "Secret Game -Killer Queen-". This album was enclosed with the first Doujin release, so perhaps it'd be better to keep the title as it is now.

EDIT: I found the catalog number and a decent scan, but was this release an identical reprint of the album that had been sold at Comic Market 70? If there is no physical difference, I think we should select the earliest release date and change the Release Type to "General".

Last edited by Cedille; Aug 11, 2010 at 01:14 AM.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 01:09 PM

I did a search. Secret Game seems to be a bit of a remake.

Some of the tracks here are shorter than in Secret Game... I predict different arrangements, I kinda want this.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 08:14 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

I added images for this one: booklet (front, back, inside), back, tray, Obi, disc, and disc (detail).

The paper type is very glossy, so there's some unavoidable reflections in the images, but nothing is obscuring any text.

The front of the disc has almost nothing printed on it, just a small strip with the title. It was difficult to angle the shot so as to not have anything reflected in the disc itself. So I also added a close-up shot of that part with the title printed.

The Obi has a serial number on it, so I added that.

I also have a copy of Secret Game Original Soundtrack ( https://vgmdb.net/album/13169 ) on the way, so I'll compare the versions of the tracks that they each share and see if the arrangements are actually different between the two releases.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 05:17 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Okay, so now that I have both this album and Secret Game Original Soundtrack, all I can say is that they really botched the track list on one of them, likely this one. Most of the tracks that are shared between the two releases are named differently. Not in the sense that they renamed them for the later release, but all of the same names are used but for different compositions. I would guess that the track names on Secret Game are correct. I'll leave a full list of what track on Killer Queen corresponds to what track on Secret Game in a bit. I should note that the mastering/loudness is different between the two albums, but otherwise the music is exactly the same.

Also, the final three tracks are listed in the wrong order on the back of the case. I've edited the track list to reflect the correct order of the vocal tracks.

Last edited by Chris Porter; Feb 4, 2020 at 05:51 PM.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 05:47 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

KQ = Killer Queen
SG = Secret Game

(KQ) Clergy = (SG) Clergy
(KQ) Hard-boiled = (SG) All hard get over
(KQ) Recollection = (SG) Hard-boiled
(KQ) Blessing To This Meet = (SG) Movement
(KQ) Combat Prohibition = (SG) Immortality and Ecstasy
(KQ) Movement = (SG) The dead' blessing
(KQ) One O'clock Midafternoon = (SG) Blessing to this meet
(KQ) Fragment of Memories = (SG) Recollection
(KQ) Bright Red Rain = (SG) Bright Red Rain
(KQ) Enemy's Sneaking = (SG) Enemy's Sneaking
(KQ) Bright Red River = (SG) Bright Red River
(KQ) Pale Coloured Rain = (SG) Pale Coloured Rain
(KQ) Pale Coloured River = (SG) Fragment of Memories
(KQ) The Dead' Blessing = (SG) Pale Coloured River
(KQ) Immortality and Ecstasy = (SG) Combat Prohibition
(KQ) All Hard Get Over = (SG) Kalbi vs beer
(KQ) To This Gen Barrel World = (SG) One o'clock midafternoon
(KQ) Kalbi vs Beer = (SG) Breeze Reaches
(KQ) トラワレビト = (SG) トラワレビト
(KQ) トラワレビト ~北都南Ver~ = NOT INCLUDED
(KQ) 桜華想恋 = (SG) 桜華想恋

Last edited by Chris Porter; Feb 4, 2020 at 11:16 PM.