VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Jan 14, 2020, 11:09 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

I added track times and images for this one: case (front, back, inside, and tray), disc, and booklet (front, back, all pages).

Last year I went through the trouble of tracking down all of the 特典 (bonus/enclosure disc) soundtracks for the Steampunk series and absolutely fell in love with the music. But since I bought all of those used, I knew that M.U.T.S. music wasn't getting any of the money. When I saw that they released these two Steampunk Series Best Selection CDs retail, I knew I would have to pick them up new as a way of directly supporting them. Even though the 特典 discs have three or four times as much music on them, I don't feel like buying these was superfluous as both volumes 1 and 2 contain three tracks composed exclusively for these collections (written as a sort of intro to each of the six games' worlds that are represented); and there are some really insightful messages and liner notes in the booklet as well.

I highly recommend picking these up if you haven't yet! I added three sales links where there is still new stock available. And then try to track down all the 特典 CDs, because there is so much more amazing music than they were able to fit on just these two volumes...why only one disc each!?