VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Apr 18, 2012, 03:39 AM

same question as parent album (album uncanceled -> 2012.6.27)
Old Aug 22, 2012, 05:03 AM
Trusted Editor

Phono, I don't know if this will help you or if the parent credits are entirely accurate, but the bonus DVD that comes with this reprint is really just to hold a 138mb PDF of high quality scans of what I can only assume is the original box sets inserts (-_________- at cutting corners). Do you need this? I don't know if this is worth me giving it the "Yamato" treatment if most of its already done.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 05:29 AM

I got credits from sources over the internet and I compilated those to make the parent album notes
if there are inaccuracies, it's independent of my will

if you can provide complete credits, I take
Old Oct 7, 2015, 05:48 PM
Trusted Editor

Edit Notes

This is by far the poorest organized box set I've ever seen.

- There is a flimsy fold-out insert that simply provides track names and some simple information on the new box set packaging but no artist information at all
- The bonus DVD contains a PDF called "NADIA The special explanation book" that appears to be just a giant high quality scan of the inserts that came with the original 1993 print. They are equally bad.
- The vocal track credits appear to be in some random order in what is 10+ pages of lyrics for all of the vocal songs. It's really annoying to match up the tracks in the inserts to their respective tracks on the discs when they're in no apparent order.
- The table of track information for Discs 5 ~ 8 (all the BGM tracks) doesn't note the artist at all but rather the "source" that the track came from (I. THE SECRET OF BLUE WATER - TYCY-5136; II. THE SECRET OF BLUE WATER Vol. 2 - TYCY-5144; III. THE SECRET OF BLUE WATER Vol. 3 - TYCY-5151; V. THE SECRET OF BLUE WATER -MUSIC IN BLUE WATER- - TYCY-5169; VIII. THE SECRET OF BLUE WATER KARAOKE COLLECTION - TYCY-5189) so all the credit information has to be discerned from those 5 albums. Some of the albums have good scans but all of the database entries have good information except for Karaoke Collection, which I added from these inserts. But given that it's a Karaoke album anyway, the non-karaoke credits from the other albums can be applied.
- There even appears to be Java or some sort of simple copy protection on the PDF file because you can't open it except from the disc otherwise it displays an error.

- Corrected track times
- Corrected Disc 3 M16 typo: Tabidahi --> Tabidachi
- Updated the JP (1), (2), (3) and (4)'s to ①, ②, ③, ④ per track titles
- Changed the ♡ to ♥ on D10, M08,M16 to match the album it's from (all we have is a back scan).
- Removed "-20" on D8, M24, it's a typo
- Changed "独立野原党" to "独立原野党". It's hard to identify on the scan we have for TYCY-5307 but it's clear enough to validate the kanji we have. However, while printed as "独立野党", I believe it's actually supposed to be "独立野党", although it doesn't make much more sense. It appears to be the name of an Opposition Force in an old 70's TV series called Iron King but it's the best hit I could find for any of them.

Last edited by dancey; Oct 8, 2015 at 05:07 AM.