VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jan 26, 2011, 04:45 PM

If I remember correctly, Jesper Kyd had on the old hitman blood money site pdfs with the images that went with the soundtrack, Basically just better looking images than what was on the CD release. A few major differences other than just being clearer was the front image was different, the back scan had a white blank bar code area, the cd was a flat scan and I think mine was damaged where the logo had a weird line or two around it. I tried to use the wayback machine to check it out but the site was in flash so no real way to do it. A heads up to Jesper Kyd might help out though.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 04:55 PM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

Yeah i saw you uploaded these images but i deleted them..
They were clearly not part of the Physical CD, so i think they do not belong here.

You can post them in the board if you want though.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 05:13 PM

True, but if I remember correctly it also got released digitally, so I figure a tracking down of that and adding a child album might be beneficial. Like I mentioned my pdf was damaged or actually each came in its own. So a non damaged one might be still available somewhere.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:27 PM

According to Mobygames, Hitman: Blood Money (Collector's Edition) contained a bonus DVD with extra features including "The soundtrack with unreleased tracks".

DVD was included with PC version for European release (Germany in particular).

Here are scans of the discs: http://www.mobygames.com/game/window...tion/cover-art
Old Nov 27, 2012, 07:56 AM

The info I could find is that the dvd came with both collector's and Special Editions. A few Remixes and maybe Ave Maria

http://www.hitmanforum.com/index.php...n/#entry785581
http://www.hitmanforum.com/index.php.../#entry1414128
Old Nov 29, 2012, 09:20 PM

Yeah, looks like that "unreleased soundtrack" feature is poop.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 05:39 AM

This is the best I could find, random differing information. Normally between 6 or 9, however those two forum posts I linked earlier said 1 and 8

http://www.game-ost.com/albums/1062/...on_soundtrack/

http://translate.google.com/translat...ed=0CE0Q7gEwAw

http://ogdb.eu/index.php?section=gam...ongameid=28646

1. Apocalypse 4:33
2. Vegas 6:28
3. Main Title 3:05
4. Apocalypse (Paris Classic Mix) 4:54
5. Secret Invasion (Suspense Mix) 2:14
6. 47 Elevator Theme 2:11
7. Club Heaven (Ambient Mix) 3:14
8. Hitman Blood Money Trailer (Ambient Mix) 1:30
9. Main Title (2005 Retro Mix) 4:12

or

1. Apocalypse (Paris Classic Mix) 4:54
2. Secret Invasion (Suspense Mix) 2:14
3. 47 Elevator Theme 2:11
4. Club Heaven (Ambient Mix) 3:14
5. Hitman Blood Money Trailer (Ambient Mix) 1:30
6. Main Title (2005 Retro Mix) 4:12

Track ordering seems different on places too. So not sure if all the versions were identical.

Last edited by Fearin; Nov 30, 2012 at 05:56 AM.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearin View Post
Track ordering seems different on places too. So not sure if all the versions were identical.
Good findings.
It could be different depending on a country it was released in. It was in UK, Germany and possibly other European regions.

By the way those guys from hitmanseries.ru are crazy with their website colors: dark grey on black... geez, can you make it a little harder to see plz?
Old Dec 1, 2012, 05:54 AM

There is so little information on the English facing side of the web that I can find. Too bad youtube wasn't big then, could have had unboxings and such.

I agree on the guys from that site are a bit off, I never even noticed there was a track list there when I went the first 3 times, until I accidentally highlighted the bottom.

Maybe it would be best to ask the company or Jesper Kyd himself? Since all mention of it is pretty old, and absolution takes up most of the internet these days, or the digital releases. Even back in those days these editions were rare.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 10:41 PM

The Youtube unboxing would be good, but they usually don't go into details of what are the contents of the bonus discs and what not. Though it would be possible to ask a person that question via their youtube account.

Overall, I get an impression that the bonus DVD was just slapped together without much of effort, since (as mentioned on those forum links you provided) all the videos/trailers were already publicly available.
I'm afraid the company that did it or mr. Kyd himself don't care much for what was on it.