VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Nov 2, 2011, 11:14 AM
VGMdb Staff

Here are two items included in my second-hand copy of this album. I'm posting them here as I'm not sure if they originally came with it.

^One of those fake rub-on tattoo's which were popular back in the day.

^A piece of foam rubber(!) placed where a third disc would have been if there was one, helping to protect the (in this case) second disc should it come loose in the case. At least that's what I think it's intended for.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 03:54 PM

Had anyone seen a version of this album that comes in a deep cardboard box? Does this perhaps contain a score book or something like that? Spotted it at Book Off for $30 and was considering picking it up.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 08:12 PM

So I went back to Book Off to see what this was all about. It's a sturdy cardboard box that contained the two-disc album and the tattoo from above. Nothing else was inside.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 10:45 PM
VGMdb Staff

Isn't it the same cardboard box as the one in the scans?
Old Jan 13, 2013, 09:09 PM

Weird. I didn't see those.

Yes, that's it. I own the album without the box. Maybe the box was a first-press thing?
Old Jan 14, 2013, 04:34 AM
VGMdb Staff

I'd imagine it was. The DQIV release (-9001) had a similar box and extras as well.
Old Nov 14, 2020, 10:38 AM
VGMdb Staff

Found a better pic of the front of the obi, which states that the package contains the sticker, an "Iron Print" as well as the sheet music found in the booklet. So it seems the tattoo was included then - only it wasn't a tattoo but rather something you're supposed to iron onto a piece of clothing, there are even some instructions on it. Anyway, added a photo of it.