VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Oct 28, 2021, 09:45 PM
Trusted Editor

Have a quick note on this album: if you are a fan of the voice of Nobuo Yamada, this album is just essential to your collection! Not only it's the best album of his band GRAND PRIX for me, but in addition Nobuo Yamada will rarely have sung as well as on this album in my opinion! It's not his hardest rock album, we're more into melodic rock or rock ballad -and also a little rock'n'roll-, but what does this style suit Nobuo Yamada! The other star of the album is undoubtedly Yohgo Kohno who offers us fabulous passages on keyboards! I also want to note the quality of the backing vocals which have an important place in the album. Plus you might have the best GRAND PRIX song with "Bodies" (at least surely my favorite with "Show Me The Way" from the second album) which shows us all the musical talent of Nobuo Yamada and Yohgo Kohno in particular: vocals, chorus, top instrumentation! We also have other great songs like "Tears & Soul", the beautiful "Never Lose Your Love", "Weekend Lover" or again "Secret Hurricaneā€¯.
In short, an album that advises you to buy (try to have instead the first edition of 1988 on CD, 2 reissues are CD-R), just like the NoB's wonderful 1st solo album "NoB 1st" (https://vgmdb.net/album/102662).