VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Oct 7, 2014, 04:41 PM

I always wonder which is the right: Jun'ichi Masuda or it is Junichi Masuda...
Old Oct 7, 2014, 04:48 PM
VGMdb Administrator

He personally uses "Junichi," so that's correct.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 04:28 PM

*patiently waiting*
Old Dec 5, 2014, 12:04 AM

Since it's 6 CDs, I'm assuming the original Ruby soundtrack is included. If so, I'm getting this for sure. I got the Diamond and Black generations, but didn't get Ruby because it went out of print.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 12:43 AM

GoGo Ichinose! Glad he's involved again this time around.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 02:48 AM

... ... ... ... ... ... .. .. .. .. .. . . . .

Last edited by Guitarist500; Aug 24, 2016 at 08:31 AM.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 12:19 PM
Trusted Editor

they're up now.
Old Dec 6, 2014, 07:17 PM

Just out of curiosity, would it be possible to find out if there is there anywhere on the OST, whether in the booklet or wherever else, that signifies Battle! Deoxys as originating from FireRed/LeafGreen as opposed to the main Gen 3 games? I know the data for the song exists in Emerald, but afaik it wasn't used, and this is the only song that is arranged in ORAS that doesn't actually come from R/S/E.

I mean, the original song was on the FRLG Super Complete, while Battle! Frontier Brain (Hoenn) was on the BW2 Super Complete with all the other Emerald-only songs, so who knows.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 04:08 AM

Disc 2 Track.07
"ジムリーダー・四天王に勝利!"

Please correct ↓
"Victory! (Gym Leader & Elite Four)"
Old Aug 3, 2015, 04:38 AM

Not sure how one gets "dragon" out of 流星...
Old Nov 9, 2015, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banshiryuu View Post
Just out of curiosity, would it be possible to find out if there is there anywhere on the OST, whether in the booklet or wherever else, that signifies Battle! Deoxys as originating from FireRed/LeafGreen as opposed to the main Gen 3 games? I know the data for the song exists in Emerald, but afaik it wasn't used, and this is the only song that is arranged in ORAS that doesn't actually come from R/S/E.

I mean, the original song was on the FRLG Super Complete, while Battle! Frontier Brain (Hoenn) was on the BW2 Super Complete with all the other Emerald-only songs, so who knows.
The Deoxys battle theme actually appears in Emerald too, as Deoxys also appears in that game, provided that you unlock the event (although it is true that the theme originates from FR/LG).

Emerald also contains other themes originating from FireRed / LeafGreen in the final version of the game (and obviously don't appear in Ruby / Sapphire). For further reference, a list of those are:
-Fanfare: Pokémon Caught
-Sevii Islands (used in Navel Rock, event only)
-Caves of Mt. Moon (used in Altering Cave)
-Battle! (Legendary Pokémon) (against Lugia & Ho-Oh, event only)
-Deoxys Appears (event only)
-Battle! (Deoxys) (event only)

The entire FR/LG soundtrack is actually included in the Pokémon Emerald ROM, but was never used aside from those on the list.

EDIT: There are actualy more songs used from FR/LG in Emerald than I initially thought, those being multiplayer exclusive: Pokémon Jump, Dodrio Berry Picking, The Union Room and Mystery Gift. It should also be noted that FR/LG also used Battle! (Gym Leader) from Ruby/Sapphire on the multiplayer mode (I'm not really sure if there are more songs carried over to discover yet, but I guess that's it).

Last edited by RBM95; Mar 17, 2016 at 03:27 AM. Reason: Recent discovery
Old Aug 1, 2017, 12:25 PM

I'm confused about something on the 4.38 Battle (Deoxys) in this soundtrack. On this OST the arrangement is supposedly by Masuda, but on the FRLG OST, the exact same song, 2.02 Battle (Deoxys), has the arrangement credited to Go Ichinose.

So which one is it?
Old Aug 1, 2017, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soanevalcke6 View Post
I'm confused about something on the 4.38 Battle (Deoxys) in this soundtrack. On this OST the arrangement is supposedly by Masuda, but on the FRLG OST, the exact same song, 2.02 Battle (Deoxys), has the arrangement credited to Go Ichinose.

So which one is it?
I never really noticed that. I'm prone to believe the arrangment is Ichinose, as it is using the same instument font he used mostly thoughout FRLG / Emerald / Drill Dozer (and it also has the melody of "Deoxys Appears" from FRLG thrown in here at the beginning). Probably this is just a mislabel.

By the way, this is somehow unrelated, but I noticed they have been incorrectly identifying the composer of "Pokédex Evaluation... You're on Your Way!" in all Pokémon soundtracks as Morikazu Aoki, but this is an arrangement of one of the Oak evaluation fanfares of the original Red/Green/Blue, so the composer has to be Masuda.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBM95 View Post
By the way, this is somehow unrelated, but I noticed they have been incorrectly identifying the composer of "Pokédex Evaluation... You're on Your Way!" in all Pokémon soundtracks as Morikazu Aoki, but this is an arrangement of one of the Oak evaluation fanfares of the original Red/Green/Blue, so the composer has to be Masuda.
They fixed it in Let's Go Pikachu (OVCP-0009) at least. Both the Nintendo Switch version and the Game Boy version are credited to Masuda in that booklet.