VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jul 10, 2010, 10:22 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

So what is this about?

I don't think we have plans to put J-Pop music on the database unless this is related in away way to video games or anime.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 10:38 AM

The 8th track is another version of the theme song used in Astro Boy (2003 TV anime series), so I guess this entry seems to be at least related to anime (even so, not sure why "Others" is selected). It may come off as a straightforward J-pop (or rap?) album, but I remember we have a precedent.

Perhaps it's about time to discuss how much relevancy to game/anime gives an album the legitimacy of addition.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 10:53 AM

I've edited the info so that "Astroboy" is noted as a represented product. However, since it's an anime, a television show, I am unaware of what to select other than "Other". I don't see an Anime/Television or even Cartoon tab.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 06:18 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedille View Post
Perhaps it's about time to discuss how much relevancy to game/anime gives an album the legitimacy of addition.
Good point. I already found several albums that have only one composition of a main anime / game music composer and I didn't add because of that discussion. I don't know what we do because this track could be interesting for a fan.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 06:17 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajwork View Post
I've edited the info so that "Astroboy" is noted as a represented product. However, since it's an anime, a television show, I am unaware of what to select other than "Other". I don't see an Anime/Television or even Cartoon tab.
There's an Animation classification that we use for these.

I don't think the artist info is accurate or complete, so I'll just leave m-flo as the performer. While J-pop albums that include anime and game songs are eligible, I think we should try to stick with submitting those albums for which we have good information and scans.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
There's an Animation classification that we use for these.

I don't think the artist info is accurate or complete, so I'll just leave m-flo as the performer. While J-pop albums that include anime and game songs are eligible, I think we should try to stick with submitting those albums for which we have good information and scans.

With respect, this is the best we've got.

In fact, thanks to additions by me and you, we've successfully given the album a reliable source to be looked back on.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 07:57 AM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedille View Post
I agree. Personally I think an album should have to be primarily geared toward game or anime music in order for it to merit inclusion.

Last edited by seanne; Jul 17, 2010 at 01:22 PM.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 10:36 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

I am agree with seanne.