VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jul 21, 2009, 07:51 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Was any of this music actually used in Gran Turismo, or is this just an album of licensed music to listen to along with the game?
Old Jul 21, 2009, 08:22 PM
VGMdb Staff

At least a bunch of these tracks were used in the PAL and NA region releases of the game. Some that I recognize from the PAL release are; As Heaven is Wide, Lose Control, Shade, Skeletal and Sweet 16. The PAL and NA versions has more or less the same tracks while the Japanese version had completely different music, as you can see from the Sony Records OST.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 04:47 PM

All of the music on this soundtrack features within the game.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 07:44 PM
VGMdb Advisor

I don't think so. Only a few of these songs are actually used in the game, as seanne mentioned.

While this is the Western soundtrack release, it doesn't cover much of what can be heard in those versions of the game. Particularly missing aside a number of licensed songs are the original compositions used in the various non-race contexts (e.g. menus, race results).
Old Jan 28, 2010, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_SEMO View Post
All of the music on this soundtrack features within the game.
I can confirm that tracks 1, 3, 7, and 17 appear in the North American version of the game. I'm fairly certain that 6 and 18 are in the European edition, along with the others I mentioned. The rest of these are filler tracks that aren't in any version of the game that I'm aware of (though I could be wrong).

The Japanese soundtrack is completely different.