VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sep 27, 2011, 05:30 PM

The tracklist on the back cover of the CD has a typo. It has track #19 listed as "Fighting Back (ST1-Aarr)". This title is incorrect, of course, but it also shouldn't be listed as a 'bonus track' neither (as it is on the album page). The correct title should be "GAME OVER (Game Over)". I own Blast Wind for the Saturn, and I used to listen to the music (via redbook) all the time. When I pop the game disc into my computer and bring up a CD player/ripping program, 'GAME OVER' is the title that shows up for the very same composition that is on the soundtrack CD [TCS-0007]. So I went ahead and corrected the tracklist on the album page.

Just thought I'd give everyone a head's up.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 09:52 AM

Poor move. The album material says nothing about 23 tracks. This hidden track should be mentioned in the notes.

Does anyone with this album know if it actually contains this track? Is this disc supposed to be identical to the music data on the Blast Wind disc?
Old Jun 26, 2012, 10:45 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despatche View Post
Poor move. The album material says nothing about 23 tracks. This hidden track should be mentioned in the notes.

Does anyone with this album know if it actually contains this track? Is this disc supposed to be identical to the music data on the Blast Wind disc?
In order for our freedb server to ID this disc, our tracklists must reflect what is on the disc, and not necessarily what is printed on the cover.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 04:25 PM

That should be changed. What is on the disc is what is printed on the material, so this bonus track should at least go unnamed.

Last edited by Despatche; Jun 23, 2015 at 11:20 AM.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 04:58 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Technosoft's old CD page correctly indicated there are 19 Blast Wind OST tracks on this album, and none of Technosoft's other albums had an unlisted track, so I think it's a printing error and not an intentional omission as a bonus track.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 05:09 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despatche View Post
That should be changed. What is on the disc is what is printed on the material, so this bonus track should at least go unnamed.
It's fine for it to go unnamed. I use [Unlisted] for those tracks. However, the track still needs to be listed in our tracklisting, and this isn't going to change.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 11:21 AM

It doesn't matter what's intentional or what's an error; what's printed supersedes everything, and any other metric would be completely undermining the point of this website.

There's nothing wrong with listing an unlisted track. The tracklist without it should be deleted.