VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Jan 7, 2010, 04:24 AM
Trusted Editor

Does anyone know if KDSD-10015~6 (http://vgmdb.net/album/1431) supersedes this album? Or does it only feature tracks that can't be found on the regular soundtrack release?
Old Jan 7, 2010, 04:29 AM

After seeing each, comparing, and looking at their tracklists, it seems this one would act as complement to the OST.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 05:47 AM
Trusted Editor

I was wondering because the disc is classified as "original work", although "product represented" points to Atelier Iris 3.

So is this really music from the game itself which didn't end up on the official soundtrack or some image-album like composition?
Old Jan 7, 2010, 05:59 AM

Hmm, good question. I'd wager that it's music that either didn't make it in the final product or some sort of omake. That's me assuming, though, and we all know when you assume we might as well be making an ass out ourselves, and an umption.

Hopefully someone that has this release might shed some light on the matter.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 09:54 AM
Trusted Editor

First of all we need someone who has played the game and is good at recognizing songs.

Quote from RPGFan.com:
<<At the moment, most within the "VGM community" are not even sure what these songs are from. Are they featured in Grand Fantasm? Will they be themes for an upcoming title? No one can say for sure at this point. What we can say is that Daisuke Achiwa wrote five beautiful songs; however and wherever they are used, they will be great.>>

I very much agree with the opinion about "beautiful songs", but since it's a promotional item I don't think I'll ever can get a hold on a original copy.