VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jan 29, 2011, 04:18 AM
VGMdb Advisor

The credits here are from the game manual so I suppose they will be the same in the soundtrack booklet. Well, more precise as far as arrangement credits are concerned, I hope.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 07:40 PM

The slip case will feature an illustration by Kumihiko Fujisaka: http://www.dogearrecords.com/LS/

The tracklist was revealed too.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 08:41 PM

Thanks for transcribing but your tracklist had an redundant track so I resubmitted a new one. Not sure what 1-04 and 3-12 are supposed to mean (indeed, they're interpretable in multiple ways). Also, there could be a better translation for 3-13.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 11:55 PM

nya being for cats, I guess the track could be related to the "big cat" on the cover =)
possibly Rawr~ (ahah)
Old Feb 10, 2011, 01:09 PM

can we please have this album linked to artists?
Old Feb 10, 2011, 02:22 PM
VGMdb Advisor

I think we should wait until the release date to check in the booklet if the credits are correct (or, at least, exhaustive).
Old Feb 18, 2011, 06:40 AM

Can't wait for this soundtrack.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 06:42 AM

There only little time left to prevent immature translations from spreading over Internet through the sharing sites or Youtube. Anybody could contribute?

I guess if "Toberu mono" was printed on the booklet or such, we should go with that and kick out "The Flying One", like we did for "Suteki da ne" or "Kimi ga Irukara".
Old Feb 22, 2011, 06:58 AM
VGMdb Administrator

I see that "Miyu" has been linked to Miyu from takrockers. Is this verified? All her credits so far are for doujin albums.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 04:02 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigablah View Post
I see that "Miyu" has been linked to Miyu from takrockers. Is this verified? All her credits so far are for doujin albums.
I doubt it, so I unlinked her for now. If it's actually her, just link her back up.

The game credits Zanasea previously had up credited a Miyu Takagi with "additional voice." All the other performers are accounted for, so that's probably her. Didn't have any luck digging up any additional info about her.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 04:04 PM

Miyu Takagi works at Dog Ear Records, but that's all I know.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 11:24 PM
VGMdb Advisor

You can believe me, it's the right Miyu. As Don said, she works at Dog Ear Records.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 06:08 AM

i prefer the game rip because the ost doesn't have all the tracks.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 02:22 PM

So what's the verdict on this one? I enjoyed Uematsu's work on the FFIV scores but some were unimpressed with it so I was curious as to what your guy's take was on this. Also, I hope the game comes to the USA but it seems unlikely. *Sigh*
Old Feb 28, 2011, 03:03 PM

Suzuki was my favourite arranger from the first two Seikaiju no MeiQ arrange albums, though there is a lot of Zimmer pastiche in Last Story OST. There are some solid moments, but there is also a lot of filler.

Last edited by Argentis; Mar 23, 2011 at 12:50 AM.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 08:00 PM

Don't give up hope, Reg; just because Nintendo hasn't confirmed THE LAST STORY for America yet doesn't mean that they won't release it. After all, they still have yet to release XENOBLADE here, and that's been confirmed for a while. My guess is that we'll see this title here next year at latest; it would take A LONG time to translate the title anyway, what with all those lines of dialogue.

As far as the music goes, I haven't heard much of it, but what I heard sounded very good. It's no FFVI, but it's still very lovely in its own right.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 06:04 PM

This soundtrack is not good. I'm two thirds the way through and really haven't noticed anything good yet.
Old Jul 4, 2011, 01:15 PM

I think the last track should be Nya~ etc.
just romanized as the voice(s?) say(s) in it
Old Jul 19, 2012, 02:09 AM

I really think this is the worst sounding synth I've heard in recent times. It makes everything unbearable.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel View Post
I really think this is the worst sounding synth I've heard in recent times. It makes everything unbearable.
That doesn't bother me, but Suzuki's Zimmerization* of Uematsu's music does. Entirely unnecessary and unfitting. The version of Toberu Mono performed at the Symphonic Odysseys concert sounded far more like Uematsu than the version here.

*Patented process that replaces any musical subtlety with a collection of growling brass and minor 3rd string ostinati, backed by electronic percussion loops. Get your music Zimmerized today for the low rate of only $40 a minute!

Last edited by Xenofan 29A; Jul 19, 2012 at 10:56 AM.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenofan 29A View Post
Suzuki's Zimmerization*
A very common technique employed by this composer. I much prefer his arrangements and compositions that don't rely on this technique.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
A very common technique employed by this composer. I much prefer his arrangements and compositions that don't rely on this technique.
If he can do more than that, then it's probably more a choice by producers looking for that "blockbuster sound" than Suzuki himself.

I was also disappointed with what he did in FFXIII-2 for the same reason.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 12:51 AM

I pretty much avoid Zimmer if I can; I know what that trademark sound is like, but I'm not greatly familiar with it since I keep away. But I listened to the movie The Rock's soundtrack because Hitoshi Sakimoto said in an interview he liked it and I was just awestruck at Suzuki's shamelessness, copying that style so brazenly. But I guess lots of people do it now. Still ridiculous.

I will say though, this album can be a bit of a guilty pleasure to me and "Toberu mono" is one of the best vocal songs Uematsu has ever done. I think Suzuki's sound actually suits that one, like it does here and there on this album ("Timbre of the City" being an obvious example). That notwithstanding, it's kind of aggravating to me what happened with this soundtrack and I want to wish upon a star that Uematsu will team up with some genius like Hayato Matsuo to arrange a whole soundtrack for him.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 07:45 AM

Is this actually an arrange album? It sounds nothing like the original soundtrack in the game.

- Justin Pfeiffer
Old Apr 11, 2018, 12:33 AM

Sounds like the in-game music to me... although most tracks feature only once (and often not in full).