VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Jan 25, 2009, 10:43 PM

Default Splinter Cell DA (Michael McCann)

http://www.behaviormusic.com/artists...cann/music.htm

He offers this for free here. If you download it you can see has a gallery of covers in the zip and OST tracks organized into various themes. The soundtrack is quite extensive. I assume the site will take this? But I dont know how to list the tracks.

EDIT: Just found this. http://www.en.game-ost.ru/info.php?id=786 Looks different from the one that is on that site

Last edited by BahamutZ; Jan 25, 2009 at 10:48 PM.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 03:33 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Interesting, it looks like gam-ost.ru is cataloging rips.

The Splinter Cell download is an archive full of folders, and each folder has a few mp3s in alphabetical order. Maybe each folder qualifies as a "Disc", and each mp3 a track, all done in alphabetical order. Barring that, you could just list the mp3s in order they appear, and then add information about the folder structure in the notes. Obviously digital releases don't always fit into the album structure, so cases like this will encourage us to think about it more.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 03:40 PM
VGMdb Advisor

The entry on Game-OST appears to be a game rip. As for how to list this digital album, maybe listing tracks in order of appearance in the folder would be best? Or another possibility would be to go with the the category order on the back cover, but that'd be more of an headache. [EDIT: What SS mentioned, essentially... ]

On a related note, I actually met and talked with Michael McCann at Video Games Live in Montreal last year. I was surprised to see him among the guests, but since he's living in the city, it was not something out of the blue. Cool guy, yet he unfortunately told me he was planning to work more on films than games in the near future, even though he seemed interested to score other games.

Last edited by Rimo; Jan 26, 2009 at 03:42 PM.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 07:54 PM
VGMdb Administrator

So you just randomly noticed Michael McCann in the audience?

It looks like the Bplus albums are also stored as multi-folder files in an archive, and the tracklist was created by listing them all in the order they appear in the archive, and all as one disc. This seems reasonable, and is probably the precedent we should follow.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 04:08 AM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

Why would be cataloging Game-OST game rips? How are those official? I suppose there's something I'm missing.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 04:36 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Look at the first link, not the second one. The music is on the composer's studio official website, and we've been considering those as official digital releases in general.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 01:15 PM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
Look at the first link, not the second one. The music is on the composer's studio official website, and we've been considering those as official digital releases in general.
No prob, great! Hell, I dared to do it before with Rare's digital release of Viva PiƱata Recordings, so I'm definitely down with that. My bad for thinking the point of discussion was the Game-OST rip.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 02:57 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
So you just randomly noticed Michael McCann in the audience?
Oh no, I couldn't have. He was at the meet & greet table after the show. Besides him and the regulars, there was also Michael Salvatori (surprisingly, but he apparently came to town to see a Canadiens hockey game) and two employees from Ubisoft.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 12:36 PM

Well ok.

By the way I deleted all the tracks I didn't like, and don't feel like re-downloading it, so if anyone has the urge to add it feel free. =p
Old Feb 16, 2009, 02:42 AM

http://vgmdb.net/album/12071. Dont know if you should transfer the covers to all of them or not.