VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mar 18, 2012, 02:12 PM
VGMdb Staff

Yea, I'm being an a**hole right now, why two tracklists when they're virtually the same?
Old Mar 18, 2012, 02:20 PM
Trusted Editor

Just the Unicode difference between a ~ and a ~. The english (or any non Unicode language) default shouldn't have Unicode in it. I'm sure we could remove the Japanese one since the only difference is the tildes, but as small a difference as it is it's still a difference. We also space the tilde'd word in English track lists when the Japanese one is written as "words words words~words~". Which makes it "words words words ~words~"

Last edited by dancey; Mar 18, 2012 at 02:26 PM.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 03:57 PM
VGMdb Staff

I'm familiar with ~/~ and Unicode rules in general (spacin' also), I just didn't think that such a small difference would require making of English tracklist, I would just leave the uh... "Japanese" tracklist as the only one... I guess I'm wrong about that.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 04:40 PM
Trusted Editor

Yeah I understand where you're coming from with the small difference issue, I'm just trying to respect the technical limitations of Unicode and users who may query it with freedb:

If we have one track list with Unicode in it, users with a non Unicode os or app (or both) may have issues.
If we have one track list without Unicode, it's fundamentally incorrect according to the actual cd.
(I figured) having two would be a way to respect both options since it would satisfy Unicode users (who would likely use the ../jp freedb option) and non Unicode users (who would have ../en selected) and it would cover the random where user has no preference and it defaults to ../en (since that is flagged as default).

I'm open for options and opinions here but as subtle a difference as it is I think we need to at least respect and offer the option for non unicode users, particularly since freedb is an option for accessibility.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 01:54 PM
Trusted Editor

I've added "ソナチネ" as the 2nd title line for this CD as it is the Japanese title and it is everywhere on the CD; above "Sonatine" on front cover and back cover and in brackets on sides and obi.

Also, this should not be categorized as "original work" but as original soundtrack. It is the soundtrack from Kitano Takeshi's 4th movie as a director, Sonatine:
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%82%...8%A0%E7%94%BB)

Please update that info, as it seems I can't do this.

Thanks
Old Dec 4, 2013, 02:05 PM

normally, you can
there are two classification fields to update, I don't know if both must be updated to appear in the album page
Old Dec 4, 2013, 02:17 PM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phonograph View Post
normally, you can
there are two classification fields to update, I don't know if both must be updated to appear in the album page
Looks like it finally worked or did you do it yourself?
Anyway, thanks!