VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jul 22, 2019, 10:27 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Any info yet as to what will be on here?

I got CDJ to list as special order, but I don't want to order it just yet if it's like 90% repeat material from first B&B.

... unless it's a new recording (live, etc).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old Jul 27, 2019, 03:03 PM

The description from the NA Square Enix store suggests it's the "second volume" of arrangements. I've got it preordered since it'll come out there later, giving me the flexibility to cancel if it turns out to be a waste.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 12:25 PM
VGMdb Advisor

I just CDJ preordered based on this description. Here's hoping there are no repeats.

(Lord knows there is PLENTY of source material for them to cover!)
Old Jul 28, 2019, 01:25 PM
VGMdb Staff

I found the tracklist. It's only 7 tracks but they're all new. The only repeat composition is the main theme, but the extended version is nearly twice as long as the original.

And the first track is 8 and half minutes long.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 04:58 PM
VGMdb Advisor

<3 Nextday, you are always a wealth of information.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 11:59 AM
Trusted Editor

Added credits from booklet: https://i.imgur.com/PfeDq1Q.jpg
Old Oct 4, 2019, 07:20 PM
VGMdb Advisor

What language is the the vocalist singing in the last song? The singer starts off with "lala" lyrics but changes to something I don't think is Japanese or English.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 08:39 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eriol View Post
What language is the the vocalist singing in the last song? The singer starts off with "lala" lyrics but changes to something I don't think is Japanese or English.
I've searched high and low. I have no idea. My gut is French, maybe Portuguese, or a pseudo-Euro-language. But it doesn't feel improvised. Yet, no lyricist is credited.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 01:59 AM

to me it sounds english, the way she sings reminds me of the way eng(r)ish is sung

I don't know if english people do that for foreign songs but in france, when you don't know the lyrics you invent a sort of english to stick with the lyrics =)
maybe the woman who sings just invented engrish lyrics to stick with the rhythm of the song

Last edited by Phonograph; Feb 12, 2020 at 02:01 AM.
Old Aug 10, 2023, 09:12 AM

If anything, this sounds definitely English – or Engrish. Not French nor Portuguese nor continental European anyway.

I separated the voice and the instruments with Ultimate Vocal Remover in order to listen closely to the words, and... Well, either native English-speaking people will be able to make some words out of it, or it's definitely gibberish made to sound English! xD

Here's the vocal part: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Paz...ew?usp=sharing
(And here's the instrumental if anyone's curious: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JmA...ew?usp=sharing )

I think I heard stuff like "traveller", "wander", "higher", "light"... That's all.